This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Non metal found in liquid state is?
Q2. Fluid commonly used for making Bio – gas ?
(a) Animal waste.
(b) Aquatic plants.
(c) plant waste.
(d) None of these.
Q3. Which of the following is not a commercial source of energy?
(c) Natural gas .
Q4. Alcohol is more volatile than water because _____ is lower than water?
(a) it’s boiling point.
(b) it’s density.
(C) it’s viscosity.
(d) it’s surface tension.
Q5. Which one of the following non-metals shows allotropy in the liquid state?
Q6. Hygroscopic objects are those which instantly absorb?
(a) Hydrogen sulphide.
(b) Carbon monoxide.
(d) Water vapours.
Q7. Detergent cleans the surface on the principle of?
(b) Surface tension.
Q8. Water gas is a mixture of?
(a) Carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
(b) Carbon monoxide and nitrogen.
(c) Carbon dioxide and nitrogen.
(d) Carbon dioxide and nitrogen.
Q9. Which of the following gas is coloured?
Q10. Which of the following is an example of gel?
(C) facial Cream.
(d) none of these.
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & get All India Rank
• Bromine is the only non-metal which is found in liquid state at normal temperature.
• Biogas can be produced by anaerobic digestion or fermentation of animal waste.
• It is a renewable source of energy.
• Firewood is not a commercial source of energy.
• Alcohol is more volatile than water because it’s boiling point is lower than water.
• A colloidal sol of sulphur is obtained by bubbling H2s had through the solution of bromine water,. Sulphur dioxide etc.
• Hygroscopic substances are those which absorb humidity from their surroundings instantly such as sugar , honey , ethanol etc.
• Detergent act’s on the principle of surface tension.
• They reduce the surface tension of water.
• Water gas is a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
• Oxygen, nitrogen , and hydrogen are colourless gases.while, chlorine is a greenish yellow coloured gas.
• Cheese is an example of gel.
• Gelatin and gelly are examples of gel.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here