This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The energy , found in dry cell is?
(a) Mechanic energy.
(b) Electric energy.
(c) Chemical energy.
(d) Electromagnetic energy.
Q2. Which one of the following is used in the manufacture of soaps?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(b) Mobil oil.
(c) Kerosene oil.
(d) cutting Oil.
Q3. Glucose is a type of?
(a) pentose Sugar.
(b) Hexose sugar.
(c) Tetrose sugar.
(d) Diose Sugar.
Q4. The size of the nucleus is measured in?
Q5. Which one of the following non-metals shows allotropy in the liquid state?
Q6. Which has covalent bond?
Q7. Which one of the following is not a radioactive element?
Q8. Browning of pages in old books is caused by?
(a) frequent use.
(b) Lack of aeration.
(c) collection of dust.
(d) oxidation of cellulose.
Q9. Which of the following gas is coloured?
Q10. Which is known as carbolic acid?
(C) Acetic acid.
(d) oxalic acid.
• The best example of changing into Electric energy from chemical energy is primary cells or batteries , the dry cell is also made up in this phenomenon.
• Soap is a combination of animal fat or plant oil and caustic soda, many vegetable fats including olive oil , palm kernel oil and coconut oil are also used in soap making.
• Glucose is a type of Hexose sugar.
• The size of the nucleus is measured in Fermi.
• A colloidal sol of sulphur is obtained by bubbling H2s had through the solution of bromine water,. Sulphur dioxide etc.
• Alkali metals and alkaline earth metal form ionic bond while Al forms covalent bond with cl , so , Alcl3 molecule has covalent bond.
• Elements having atomic number greater than 82 are all radioactive. But , Zirconium has atomic number 40.
• So , it is not an radioactive element.
• Browning of pages in the old books is due to oxidation of cellulose.
• This phenomenon is known as Foxing.
• Oxygen, nitrogen , and hydrogen are colourless gases.while, chlorine is a greenish yellow coloured gas.
• Phenol is also known as hydroxyl benzene.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here