This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Electrons in the highest energy level of an atom are called?
(a) Valence protons.
(b) orbital protons.
(c) Valence electrons.
(d) orbital electrons.
Q2. Atomic number of which of the following elements is greater than that of iron?
Q3. Atoms of same element having different mass numbers are called?
Q4. _ is a by-product of sewage treatment and can be decomposed to produce bio-gas?
Q5. ____ is used for making vinegar?
(a) Tartaric acid.
(b) Malic acid.
(C) Oxalic acid.
(d) Acetic acid.
Q6. Soda water was invented by?
(a) Tivadar Puskas.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) Petrache Poenaru.
(d) James Leonard Plimpton.
Q7. Which of the following is not a chemical change?
(a) Burning of paper.
(b) Digestion of food.
(c) conversion of water into steam.
(d) Burning of coal.
Q8. Tartaric acid is not found in?
(c) Unriped mangoes.
Q9. In an acid base reaction which product is produced along with a Salt?
(a) Hydrogen gas.
(b) Oxygen gas.
(c) Carbon dioxide.
Q10. The material used in electric heater is?
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & Get All India Rank (link to be updated)
• Electrons in the highest energy level of an atom are called Valence electrons or outermost she’ll electrons.
• Only these electrons participate in chemical bond formation.
• Atomic number of cobalt is greater than that of iron.
• Atoms of an element having same atomic number are known as Isotopes.
• Sewage treatment involves three stages.
• Sludge is a semi-solid residue produced in first step during treatment of sewage and waste water.
• Acetic acid is used for making vinegar. 5-10% dilute solution of acetic acid is known as vinegar.
• 100% pure acetic acid is known as Glacial acetic acid.
• Soda water was invented by Joseph Priestley.
• It is also known as carbonated water.
• CO2 gas is also used in soda water.
• Conversion of water into steam is a physical change. Because, it is a physical change and it is a reversible process.
• So, Water can be obtained again from the steam.
• Tartaric acid is found in tamarind, grapes, and Unriped mangoes.
• While oxalic acid is present in spinach.
• When an acid reacts with base, then Water and salt are formed as product.
• This reaction is called as “Neutralisation Reaction”.
• The material used in electric heater is Nichrome.
• Nichrome is a mixture of Nickel, Chromium, and iron.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here