This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till May. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Atomic number is denoted by which alphabet?
Q2. In nuclear reactor, neutrons are slowdown by the?
(a) Fissionable product.
(c) controlling rod.
(d) coolant system.
Q3. Aluminium oxide is an?
(a) Basic oxide.
(b) neutral oxide.
(d) Acid oxide.
Q4. Solid carbon dioxide is known as?
(d) Dry ice.
Q5. Denatured spirit or denatured alcohol is mixed with?
Q6. What is the wood spirit?
(a) Methyl alcohol.
(b) Ethyl alcohol.
(c) Butyl alcohol.
(d) propyl alcohol.
Q7. Kmno4 can be used as?
Q8. Fabric made from____ doesn’t get wrinkled easily?
Q9. ____ is obtained by the evaporation of the sea?
Q10. Atomic explosion is triggered by?
(a) Thermo nuclear reaction.
(b) chemical reaction.
(C) controlled chain reaction.
(d) uncontrolled chain reaction.
• Atomic number is the number of protons present in nucleus of an atom.
• It is represented by Z.
• In nuclear reactor neutrons are slowdown by the moderator.
• The most commonly used moderators are the ordinary water and Graphite.
• Aluminium oxide is an Amphoteric oxide. Because it behaves as an acid in the presence of the base and behaves as the base in the presence of an acid.
• Solid carbon dioxide is known as Dry ice.
• Dry ice shows sublimation.
• It is used for making cold baths, used as coolant for preserving perishable articles in food industry.
• Denatured spirit or denatured alcohol is commercial ethyl alcohol to which small amounts of very poisonous substances like Pyridine or Methyl alcohol has been added.
• Methyl alcohol or, methanol is known as the wood spirit.
• It is also known as wood alcohol because it was formerly obtained by the destructive distillation of wood.
• Kmno4 can be used as a disinfectant.
• It is used to purify well water.
• It is commonly known as Red Medicine or Lal Dawa.
• Fabric made from polyester doesn’t get wrinkled easily because it has high wrinkle resistant.
• Salt is obtained by the evaporation of seawater as seawater contains sodium chloride, magnesium chloride etc.
• Atomic explosion is triggered by uncontrolled chain reaction.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here