This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till May. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. What is wood spirit?
(a) Methyl alcohol.
(b) Ethyl alcohol.
(c) Butyl alcohol.
(d) propyl alcohol.
Q2. Milbemycin is used in the eradication of?
(a) agricultural fungus.
(b) agricultural pests.
(c) agricultural herbs.
(d) agricultural weeds.
Q3. Zinc phosphide is commonly used as?
(d) None of these.
Q4. Which of the following is a natural polymer?
Q5. ____ is obtained by the evaporation of the sea.
Q6. Bleaching liquors are inorganic pollutants produced mainly by which industry?
(a) paper and pulp industry.
(b) Iron and steel industry.
(c) mining industry.
Q7. What is vermicompost?
(a) organic fertilizer.
(b) inorganic fertilizer.
(c) Toxic substance.
(d) Type of soil.
Q8. Magnesium is a constituent metal of______?
(a) Chlorophyll molecule.
Q9. Tajmahal is affected by which of the following?
Q10. Number of unpaired electron in inert gas is?
• Methyl alcohol or methanol is known as wood spirit.
• It is also known as wood alcohol because it was formerly obtained by the destructive distillation of wood.
• Milbemycin is used as broad spectrum antiparasite.
• It is used in the eradication of agricultural pests.
• The substance which is used to kill rat is called Rodenticide.
• Natural polymers occur in the nature mostly in plants and animals.
• Examples:—— Starch, cellulose, proteins, natural rubber, nucleic acids etc.
• Salt is obtained by evaporation of seawater as seawater contains sodium chloride, , magnesium chloride, etc.
• Bleaching liquors are inorganic pollutants produced mainly by paper and pulp industry.
• Formation of compost by using earth worms is called as vermicompost.
• It is a organic manure or organic fertilizer.
• Magnesium is a constituent metal of chlorophyll molecule.
• Tajmahal is affected by acid rain which mainly contains H2SO4 and HNO3.
• SO2 and NO2 react with rain water to form H2SO4 and HNO3 respectively.
• All electrons are paired in noble gases and so on.
• Unpaired electrons in noble gases is zero.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here