This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which one of the following is not a form of carbon?
Q2. Percentage of Lead in the lead pencils is?
Q3. The ratio of pure gold In 18 carat gold is?
Q4. Which of the following elements behave chemically both as metal and a non- metal?
Q5. Who discovered oxygen?
(a) Carl scheele.
Q6. Chile salt paper is the common name of?
(a) potassium nitrate.
(b) sodium nitrate.
(c) sodium nitrite.
(d) potassium nitrite.
Q7. Which organism is responsible for alcohol fermentation?
Q8. Substance which are used as a food preservatives?
(a) Sodium carbonate.
(b) Tartaric acid.
(c) Acetic acid.
(d) Sodium salts of benzoic acids.
Q9. Tajmahal is affected by which of the following?
Q10. The chemical formula of urea is?
• Haematite is not a form of carbon.
• It is an ore of iron.
• In lead pencils, lead is 0% .
• In lead pencils, graphite is used.
• Purity of gold is measured in carat.
• 24 carat gold is pure gold% of pure gold in 18 carat gold can be found.
• Boron behaves chemically both as metal and non metal.
• It belongs to the 13th group of the periodic table.
• Oxygen was discovered by Carl wilhem scheele in 1772 and Joseph Priestley in 1774 but Priestley is given priority because his work was published first, but it is not given in options.
• Chilesalt Peter is the common name of sodium nitrate.
• Yeast cell’s convert sugar solution into alcohol by fermentation.
• Invertase and zymase enzymes participate in this process.
• Food preservatives prevent spoilage of food due to microbial growth.
• Example:—— Sodium benzoate.
• Tajmahal is affected by acid rain which mainly contains H2SO4 and HNO3.
• SO2 and NO2 react with rain water to form H2SO4 and HNO3 respectively.
• The chemical formula of urea is NH2CONH2 or (NH2)2CO.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here