This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. One carat of diamonds is equal to?
(b) 150 mg.
(c) 200 mg.
(d) 240 mg.
Q2. Ethane gas has a slightly_____ taste?
Q3. The branch of medicine involving synthetic chemical compounds is?
Q4. In which of the following silicon is not used?
(a) solar panels.
(b) IC manufacturing.
(C) Optical glass.
(d) Ink pen.
Q5. Air has maximum proportion of which inert gas?
(b) Nitrous oxide.
(d) Carbon mono oxide.
Q6. Bleaching liquors are inorganic pollutants produced mainly by which industry?
(a) paper and pulp industry.
(b) Iron and steel industry.
(c) mining industry.
Q7. An emulsion is a colloidal solution of?
(a) liquid in liquid.
(b) solid in liquid.
(c) gas in solid.
(d) solid in solid.
Q8. The material used in electric heater is?
Q9. Limestone is araw material used by which industry?
Q10. Spirit in contact with body gives cool sensation because it is?
(a) A liquid.
(b) A conductor.
(C) A transparent.
(d) Highly volatile,
• One carat of diamonds is equal to 200mg.
• Ethane gas has a slightly sweet taste.
• Allopathy is a medical practice which involves the treatment of diseases by using synthetic drug or chemicals.
• Silicon is used in solar panels, optical glass and IC chips as silicon is a semiconductor.
• But in ink, silicon is not present.
• In the given options argon is an inert gas 0.93%.
• Argon is present in air.
• Bleaching liquors are inorganic pollutants produced mainly by paper and pulp industry.
• An emulsion is a colloidal solution of liquid in liquid.
• The material used in electric heater is Nichrome.
• Nichrome is a mixture of nickel chromium and iron.
• Limestone is a Raw material used by cement industry.
• Other constituent of cement are clay and gypsum.
• Spirit gives cooling sensation in contact with the body because it is highly volatile and evaporates the water from body.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here