This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The reagent used to test the presence of starch in leaves is?
(a) Fehling’s solution.
(b) Iodine solution.
(c) Million’s reagent.
(d) Benedict’s solution.
Q2. Pulses are a good source of?
Q3.Human conference-1972 was held at?
Q4. The deficiency of Niacin-a-vitamim of B complex group causes the disease?
(d) Night blindness.
Q5. Which among the following is the habitat of “Dog fish”?
(d) Marsh m
Q6. Diabetes mellitus occur due to the lack of synthesis of hormone?
Q7. Which are not included in the milk-teeth in a child of 3-4 years?
Q8. Which among the following is root parasite?
Q9. Who discovered penicillin?
(a) Edward Jenner.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(C) Sir Alexander Fleming.
(d) Heinrich Hertz.
Q10. The founder of Homeopathy is?
(a) Samuel Hahnemann.
• Iodine test used to identify the presence of starch.
• Iodine solution dissolved in a aqueous solution of starch producing a purple black color.
• Pulses are a good source of proteins. They are often relatively poor in the essential amino acid named as Methionine.
• UN conference on Human Environment-1972 was an international conference held on 5-16 , June, 1972 in Stockholm.
• Deficiency of vitamin B3 or niacin cause the disease Pellagra.
• Pellagra disease inflamed the skin causes dementia.
• The main source of vitamin B3 are meat, fish , egg , vegetable , and nuts.
• Spiny dogfish is an aquatic animals belongs to family of shark’s.
• Diabetes mellitus is a condition of high blood sugar level.
• Insulin secreted from Beta cells of pancreas which controls the blood sugar level.
• Molars are the three posterior most teeth present in jaw of 3-4 year’s child.
• Molars help in chewing and mastigatiom of food.
• Santalum is a root parasite.
• Sir Alexander Fleming is the discoveror of penicillin.
• Homeopathy term was coined by Samuel Hahnemann in 1796.
• Homeopathy is an alternate source of curing the disease without using allopathy.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here