This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Onion is a modified form of?
(d) None of these.
Q2. One of the best solutions to get rid of non- biodegradable waste is?
Q3. Besides nutrients, our body needs_ and water?
(d) Dietary fibres.
Q4. The deficiency of Niacin-a-vitamim of B complex group causes the disease?
(d) Night blindness.
Q5. Where does the Amoeba digests it’s food?
(c) Food vacuole.
(d) cell membrane.
Q6. The type of root formed in Betel vine is?
(a) stilt root.
(b) climbing root.
(c) clinging root.
(d) Prop root.
Q7. Which organ of the body never rests?
Q8. Which among the following is root parasite?
Q9. Other name of platelets is ?
Q10. Wisdom teeth is the?
(a) 1st molar teeth.
(b) 2nd molar teeth.
(C) 3rd molar teeth.
(d) 4th molar teeth.
• An onion has a modified form of stem called as bulb, stem is enclosed by a covering of leaves which is underground.
• Nutrients for the plant are stored in the bulb.
• Recycling is one of the best solutions to get rid of non-biodegradable waste because, non- biodegradable substances can not be degraded in environment by natural process.
• Dietary fibres is an important constituent required by body.
• Dietary fibres is a type of carbohydrates present in cereals , fruits, vegetables, dried peas , nuts.
• Deficiency of vitamin B3 or niacin cause the disease Pellagra.
• Pellagra disease inflamed the skin causes dementia.
• The main source of vitamin B3 are meat, fish , egg , vegetable , and nuts.
• Amoeba digests it’s food in food vacuole.
• The mode of nutrition in Amoeba is holozoic , where it ingest complete food and digest after obtaining from food vacuole.
• Betel vine has a clinging root.
• Heart is the most active organ in the body.which never rests throughout the life of human.the first impulse is generated by SA node which results in the contraction and relaxation of cardiac muscle.
• Heart beats about 3mn times in a lifetime.
• Santalum is a root parasite.
• Thrombocytes or platelets are one of the three blood platelets.Thrombocytes are the blood clotting platelets, which releases coagulation factor.
• Platelets are derived from the megakaryocytes of the bone marrow.
• Wisdom teeth are officially known as third molar teeth, which errupted between the age of 17-25 year’s.
• When the person gains maturity and wisdom.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here