This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Tectona grandis Linn is the scientific name of?
Q2. In the human body , fats are stored in the?
(b) Adipose tissue.
Q3. Water flows off the wings of bird’s and insects due to the presence of?
Q4. Corn is a rich source of?
Q5. What are the female gametes called as?
Q6. The limb bones of children become bent if there is deficiency of vitamin?
Q7. In human body the longest bone is?
(b) Spinal cord
(d) Hip bone.
Q8. In mammals , an important role of excretion is played by?
(a) Large intestine.
Q9. Muscles are connected to bones by connective tissue called as?
Q10. Wings of a bird’s and an insect are ?
(a) Homologous organs.
(b) Analogous organs.
(c) Vestigial organs.
(d) Rudimentary organs.
• Tectona grandis Linn is the scientific name of Teak.
• In human body , fats are stored in the adipose tissue.
• Adipose tissue are connective tissue they store the energy and are present beneath the organs and acts as insulator.
• Wings of a bird’s and insects have the coating of Waxes , which helps in resistance of water and easy flight of bird’s and insects.
• Corn is a rich source of Starch.
• Starch is a polysaccharide unit of carbohydrates , where glucose molecules joined together with the glycosidic bond.
• Gametes are the reproductive cells present in an organisms.
• Female gametes are called as Ova.
• Ova are the haploid cells formed by the process of oogenesis.
• Vitamin D causes the deficiency disease named as rickets and osteomalacia.
• Rickets leads to the bone deformation i.e. bent innthe limbs of children’s.
• The longest bone in human body is femur and is the only bone of thigh region.
• Femur forms the ball and socket hip joint with the hip bone and forms the knee joint.
• Excretion is the process in living organisms which eliminate the waste matter.
• Kidney is an excretory organ of the mammals which remove excess and unnecessary material from the body fluids.
• Tendons are the types of fibrous connective tissues.
• Tendons connects the muscle to bones.
• Tendons are made up of collagen.
• Wings of a bird’s and an insects are analogous organs .
• Analogous organs are those organs whose structural and embryological deprivation is different but the function they perform is same.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here