This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which of the following is used for wrapping of fractured bones?
(a) white cement.
(b) white lead.
(c) Zinc oxide.
(d) Plaster of Paris.
Q2. How many feet has a crab got?
Q3. Water flows off the wings of bird’s and insects due to the presence of?
Q4. Who was the invertors of frozen foods?
(a) Alfred nobel.
(b) Clarence Birdseye.
(c) Frank whittle.
(d) Ives Mcguffey
Q5. What are the female gametes called as?
Q6. The limb bones of children become bent if there is deficiency of vitamin?
Q7. In females, the uterus is?
Q8. In mammals , an important role of excretion is played by?
(a) Large intestine.
Q9. In females , the uterus is?
Q10. Which of the following is found in hair?
• Plaster of Paris is a hard white substance made by the addition of water to powered and partly dehydrated gypsum.
• It is used for holding broken bones.
• Crabs belong to category crustaceans of Phylum arthropoda .
• Crabs can live in oceans , fresh water , and on land .
• The body is covered with thick exoskeleton with four pair or eight legs.
• Wings of a bird’s and insects have the coating of Waxes , which helps in resistance of water and easy flight of bird’s and insects.
• Frozen foods was discovered by American entrepreneur Clarence Birdseye.
• Gametes are the reproductive cells present in an organisms.
• Female gametes are called as Ova.
• Ova are the haploid cells formed by the process of oogenesis.
• Vitamin D causes the deficiency disease named as rickets and osteomalacia.
• Rickets leads to the bone deformation i.e. bent innthe limbs of children’s.
• The uterus is a major female hormone responsive reproductive sex organ of human’s.
• Uterus is single in femal.
• The function of the uterus is to receive a fertilized ovum.
• Excretion is the process in living organisms which eliminate the waste matter.
• Kidney is an excretory organ of the mammals which remove excess and unnecessary material from the body fluids.
• The ovary is an ovum producing reproductive organ, found in double pairs in the female.Each ovary is located on the lower side of abdomen.
• Keratin is a fibrous structural protein found in hairs.
• It is Insoluble in water and protects epithelial cells from damage or stress.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here