This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Besides nutrients , our body needs _____ and water?
(d) Dietary fibres.
Q2. The normal fasting blood sugar level per 100 ml of blood in man is?
(a) 30-50 mg.
(b) 50-70 mg.
(c) 80-100 mg.
(d) 120-140 mgm
Q3. Respiration process requires?
Q4. The deficiency of Niacin-a-vitamim of B complex group causes the disease?
(d) Night blindness.
Q5. The largest white blood corpuscle is?
Q6. Which drug is used as an Anti-Biotic?
Q7. The maximum biological damage is produced by?
(a) X- Ray’s.
(b) gamma – Ray’s .
(c) Beta – Ray’s .
(d) Alpha Ray’s.
Q8. In mammals , an important role of excretion is played by?
(a) Large intestine.
Q9. Who pioneered the diagnostic ultrasound?
(a) Alexander Fleming.
(b) Ian Donald.
(C) A. Laveran.
(d) Robert Koch.
Q10. The founder of Homeopathy is?
(a) Samuel Hahnemann.
• Dietary fibres is an important constituent required by body.
• Dietary fibre is a type of carbohydrate present in cereals , fruits , vegetables , dried peas ,nuts.
• The normal fasting blood sugar level per 100 msquare of blood in man is 80-100 mg .
• Concentration of glucose in blood is maintained by insulin and homeostasis.
• Respiration is a biochemical process which involves the mechanism of cellular respiration.
• i.e.oxidation of food , Respiration requires the oxygen for all metabolic activities.
• Deficiency of vitamin B3 or niacin cause the disease Pellagra.
• Pellagra disease inflamed the skin causes dementia.
• The main source of vitamin B3 are meat, fish , egg , vegetable , and nuts.
• Monocytes is the largest WBC present in the blood.
• Monocytes helps in providing innate immune system and adaptive immunity by acting as marcophages.
• Azithromycin is an antibiotic drug used to treat bacterial infection including pneumonia , diarrhoea , typhoid.
S7. (b) Gamma rays are the high frequency electromagnetic radiation.
• They release very high energy and high ionisation energy and thus are biological hazardous.
• Excretion is the process in living organisms which eliminate the waste matter.
• Kidney is an excretory organ of the mammals which remove excess and unnecessary material from the body fluids.
• IAN DONALD discovered diagnostic ultrasound.
• Ultrasound helps to view the internal body structure such as joints , vessels , and internal organs.
• Homeopathy term was coined by Samuel Hahnemann in 1796.
• Homeopathy is an alternate source of curing the disease without using allopathy.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here