This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Bamboo is a type of?
Q2. The casual organism of polio is?
Q3. Respiration process requires?
Q4. The deficiency of Niacin-a-vitamim of B complex group causes the disease?
(d) Night blindness.
Q5. Early Blight is a common disease seen in which of the following?
Q6. A disease caused by fungus is?
Q7. Flowerless plant’s are termed as ?
Q8. From which one of the following is quinine extracted?
Q9. Which angiosperms is vessel less?
Q10. The founder of Homeopathy is?
(a) Samuel Hahnemann.
• Bamboo is a type of grass and belongs to family poaceae.
• Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plant and flowers only once in 12 years.
• Polio is a viral disease , it spread from wa, faecal oral route. It is caused by enterovirus knows as polio viruses.
• Respiration is a biochemical process which involves the mechanism of cellular respiration.
• i.e.oxidation of food , Respiration requires the oxygen for all metabolic activities.
• Deficiency of vitamin B3 or niacin cause the disease Pellagra.
• Pellagra disease inflamed the skin causes dementia.
• The main source of vitamin B3 are meat, fish , egg , vegetable , and nuts.
• Early Blight of potato is a disease caused by fungus alternaria solani.
• IT results in the reduction of tuber yield.
• Ringworm is a fungal disease or infection of the skin in human. It is also called as Dermatophytosis.
S7. (d) Flower’s are frame work of most plant’s. Used for sex – related duplication , generating seeds that ensure successive generations but some plants are flowerless they are called cryptogams , they reproduces by spores.
• Quinone is a drug which is used to treat malaria disease which caused by plasmodium falcifarum.
• Quinone is extracted by chinchona plant bark.
• Trochodendron is a flowering plant which have secondary xylem without vessel elements which are quite rare in angiosperms.
• Homeopathy term was coined by Samuel Hahnemann in 1796.
• Homeopathy is an alternate source of curing the disease without using allopathy.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here