This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Name the tiny pores present on the surface of leaves in plant’s?
Q2. What is plant cell wall mainly composed of?
Q3. AIDS virus destroys?
Q4. The chemical component that is invariably found in all viruses is?
Q5. Early blight is a common disease seen in which of the following?
Q6. What is the study of fungus is known as?
Q7. An example of false fruit is?
Q8. The source of oxygen generated during photosynthesis is?
(b) carbon dioxide.
(d) Mesophyll cell’s.
Q9. The enzyme in whose presence glucose and fructose are converted into alcohol is?
Q10. The carbon dioxide content in the air that we exhale is about?
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & Get All India Rank (link to be updated)
• Stomata are small opening or pore present in the epidermis of leaves and other organs of the plant that help in gas exchange.
• Plant cell wall is composed of cellulose. It is a tough organic polysaccharide compound.
• Cellulose cell wall helps to provide structural and mechanical support.
• AIDS virus destroys the T. Lymphocytes belong to a group of white blood cells known as lymphocytes that play a central role in cell – mediated immunity.
• All viruses contain the following two components Nucleic acid genome and a protein capsid that covers the genome this is called as Nucleocapsid.
• Early blight of potato is a disease caused by fungus, alternaria solani. It results in the reduction of tuber yield.
• Mycology is the study of fungus including their genetic and biochemical properties. Pier Antonio micheli is known as the father of the modern Mycology.
• False fruit are those fruit which are not developed from ovary. Here apple is developed by thalamus. So it is considered as the false fruit.
S8. (a) oxygen liberate after the splitting of water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen. In the photosynthesis this liberate oxygen in atmosphere.
• Glucose and fructose are primary unit of sugar and gets converted to alcohol by the process of fermentation. Enzyme Zymase helps in the process of conversion.
• Exhaled air contains 4% carbon dioxide, produced as a waste product of energy production, while the inhaled air contains 0.04% carbon dioxide.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here