| Updated On August 4th, 2020 at 07:19 pm
What is Stenography?
Stenography is the act of recording vocals or words into a sign or codes that have been used as a familiar method in courtrooms and government offices. The process of writing the shorthand language is known as stenography. You must know stenography to pursue this art and put it on paper. In stenography, your speed is all that matters and one must be qualified to learn this coded language. You can learn stenography by various courses available. For some posts, it is mandatory to have a diploma or certificate in stenography. One of the major examinations for stenographers is SSC Grade C and D Stenographer examination for various government departments.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Who is a Stenographer?
The stenographer is someone who transcribes the words spoken by the official and types it on computer or steno machine. Stenographers have to be licensed or pursue certification and pass the examination to work as a stenographer. He/She uses a sign language or particular codes for each word and letter that can only be deciphered by stenographers. The signs are called strokes. Working on the post can be a dignified and challenging task for a stenographer as he has to keep a record of all the confidential office work.
Stenographer Job Profile
The work done by a stenographer is similar to an assistant in the office taking charge of all the important paperwork. The job profile of a stenographer consists of the following work on a daily basis:
- Shorthand Writing: Taking dictations from the officials and notes in shorthand writing
- Transcription: Deciphering the notes taken by them into a readable format by typing it on the computer
- Assist the officer: Supporting the posted officer with phone calls, fixing appointments, bookings etc
- Maintaining records: They need to maintain a diary containing details of meetings, important files and important documents.
- Speech writing: Noting down details of the press conference or speech during conferences given by the minister/officer
SSC Stenographer Skill Test
Staff Selection Commission conducts the Stenographer Grade C and D examination that is the most popular examination among aspirants looking for career growth in stenography as a government employee. The skill test in SSC Stenographer exam is of qualifying nature. It is mandatory for the aspirants to appear for the stenography test.
The candidates will be given one dictation for a total of 10 minutes in English or Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter written by them will have to be transcribed on the computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows:-
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.