1. The great grammarian Patanjali of ancient India was whose contemporary among the following?
2. Which one of the following is a commentary on the Arthasastra?
A.Aparajitaprccha of Bhuvanadeva
B.Samaranganasutradhara of Bhojadeva
C.Prabandhachintamani of Merutunga
D.Pratipada-Panchika of Bhattasvamin
3. Which of the following Harappan sites are located in the Kutch region?
A.Besalpur and Surkotada
B.Rangpur and Rojidi
C.Allabadino and Balakot
D.Lothal and Surkotada
4. Which of the following was/were stressed by the Bhakti saints of the 15th and 16th centuries?
A.Idea of Personal God
B.Purity of caste system
C.Futility of religious rites
D.Conception of Nirguna brahma
5. The largest concentration of Harappan sites has been found along the
6. The predominant funerary practice at Harappa was
B.burying ash kept in an urn
C.extended burial of the body with pottery
D.making a memorial to mark the site
7. Megasthenes was succeeded as ambassador to the Mauryan court by
8. Rig Vedic people invoked Indra for
A.acquisition of knowledge
B.a life after death
C.release from the cycle of births and deaths
D.material comforts and victory
9. The crops cultivated by the Harappans included
A.wheat, barley and mustard
B.barley, groundnut and rice
C.wheat, rice and sugarcane
D.wheat, cotton and sugarcane
10. Kumarasambhavam describes the story of the birth of