SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020 exam is conducted for recruitment to Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade D (Group C) for various ministries/ departments/ organisations in the Government of India. The notification and application form for the recruitment exam has released on October 10. The last date for submitting the application form is November 4.
Many candidates with stenography skills look for this recruitment throughout the year as it provides a great opportunity. The job makes it worth it with the number of benefits one gets in this post. Aspirants can go through the complete article and know about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure and everything related to the recruitment.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 3 Months
- 12 Months
- 1 Month
Important Dates for SSC Stenographer recruitment
|SSC Stenographer exam Events||Dates|
|Start Date to Apply Online||10-Oct-2020|
|Last date to apply||10-Oct-2020 to 04-Nov-2020|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2019 Exam||29-Mar-2021 to 31-Mar-2021|
|Skill Test Exam||To be notified later|
Age Criteria for SSC Stenographer exam
The age criteria for the SSC Stenographer 2020 exam is:
Stenographer Grade ‘C’: As per the notification, the minimum age to apply for the Stenographer Grade C is 18 years and maximum age is 30 years as on 01-08-2020
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: As per the notification, the minimum age to apply for the Stenographer Grade D is 18 years and the maximum age is 27 years as on 01-08-2020
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
Age Relaxation: A relaxation in age has been given to candidates of the below-mentioned categories:
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Educational Qualifications for SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam
To be eligible for SSC Stenographer 2020 recruitment, a candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University as on 01-08-2020
Note: Only those candidates who have the required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
Selection Process for SSC Stenographer
The SSC Stenographer selection process includes 2 stages namely:
- Computer-Based Examination
- Skill Test in Stenography
Computer Based Exam
The computer-based exam consists of 3 sections to be attempted in a total duration of 2 hours. The detailed exam pattern is given in the below table:
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There will be negative marking of ¼ mark (0.25) for each wrong answer.
- Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test In Stenography
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
- Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
- Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.