SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019
SSC Stenographer Selection Process
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Skill Test||Pen and Paper mode|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern For Tier-1
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is negative marking in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2018 Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.25 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 2 hours 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
Skill Test in Stenography for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2019
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature.
- The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only.
The transcription time is as follows:-
For Stenographer Grade ‘D’ :
- 50 minutes ( English )
- 65 minutes ( Hindi )
For Stenographer Grade ‘C’:
- 40 minutes ( English )
- 55 Minutes ( Hindi )
- If the candidates do not indicate the medium of stenography test in the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test for such candidates.
- There is no exemption from the skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
- VH candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English Shorthand or in 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ and in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test for the post of Stenographer Grade‘C’.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centres as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding the Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
You may also like to read: