B.New regulation for the organized senates system
C.Gradual withdrawal of state support from higher education
D.Introduction of civic education at college and university level
2.Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
1. Warren Hastings – Regulating Act
2. Cornwallis – Permanent Land Settlement
3. Wellesley – Subsidiary Alliance
4. Dalhousie – Abolition of Sati
A. 1 and 3
B. 1, 2 & 4
C. 1, 2 & 3
D. 2 and 3
3.Arrange the following in chronological order, who administered as Governor Generals of India.
3. Warren Hastings
A. 3,2, l, 4
B. 1,2,4, 3
C. 4, 2, 3, 1
D. 4, 1, 2,3
4.Which of the following was not founded by Dr.B. R. Ambedkar?
A.Deccan Education Society
B.Samaj Samata Sangh
C.Peoples Education Society
D.Depressed Classes Institute
5.The Nagara, the Dravida, and the Vesara are Incorrect?
A.the three main racial groups of the Indian subcontinent.
B.the three main linguistic divisions into which the languages of India can be classified
C.the three main styles of Indian temple architecture
D.the three main musical gharanas prevalent in India
6.The river most mentioned in early Vedic literature is ?
7.Which one of the following scripts of ancient India was written from right to left?
8.The silver coins issued by the Guptas were called ?
9. In the ‘individual Satyagraha’, Vinoba Bhave was chosen as the first Satyagrahi. Who was the second?
A.Dr. Rajendra Prasadh
B.Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
D.Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel
10.Consider the following statements:
1. The term Swaraj means self-rule, self-government
2. Swaraj Party was established by Motilal Nehru and C. R. Das.
3. Lahore session of the congress demand for Poorna Swaraj (Complete Independence) in its resolution on 26 January, 1930.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
C. only 1 and 2
D.1, 2 and 3