PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate India’s longest river bridge in Assam
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s longest river bridge ‘Dhola-Sadiya bridge’ in Assam on May 26.
ii. It will bolster the road connectivity in the Northeast as the bridge is used by people of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh besides defence forces extensively.
i. CGI (Consulate General of India) Dubai and Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi in partnership with iSPIRIT, a nonprofit think tank hosted a two-day “Start-up India Summit” in UAE.
ii. This is the first such “Start-Up Summit” being held in the UAE. The aim is to provide a shared platform for the Start-up ecosystem in both India and UAE for greater collaboration, exchange ideas, interact with academia, investors and industry.
NITI Aayog holds the first Samavesh meeting
i. With an aim to bring together 32 premier educational and policy research institutions to catalyse the country’s development process, government think-tank NITI Aayog hold the first Samavesh meeting.
ii. In pursuance of the PM call for a New India 2022, the meeting comes under the co-chairmanship of Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO and Shri Ratan P Watal, Principal Adviser of NITI Aayog.
Important Points to Remember:
- Indian Ambassador to UAE is Mr. Navdeep Suri
- Mr. Vipul recently took charge as new Consul General of Dubai
- Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Chairman of NITI Aayog is PM of India
- Planning Commission of India replaced by NITI Aayog.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan is the incumbent minister at Ministry of Science and Technology and Ministry of Earth Sciences.