SSC MTS Descriptive Paper TIER 2
SSC MTS Exam Tier 1 2017 answer key has been released a couple of days before, however a large number of candidates are still perplexed regarding the cut off but those who already see themselves on a safe side are in a desperate need to prepare for the next stage i.e descriptive exam. Many candidates lack in writing skills and knowledge of the proper format essential to be known about essay and letter writing. Considering the enigma and queries of the aspirants regarding the adequate and momentous tips to write catchy essay and letter writing holding a weightage of 50 marks in 30 minutes of Time Allotment that might be an uphill task for some of the aspirants, Adda 247 is here to remove your doubts in the most possible way.
The descriptive exam for SSC MTS contains Essay and Letter Writing, there will be a choice provided to the aspirants between a letter or an essay writing. It will depend on your own preference whether to go for a letter or an essay. Paper 2 is of qualifying nature. Choose any language you are comfortable in or any Language included in 8th Schedule of Constitution
Essay writing demands a precocious knowledge of the current topics based on political, social or educational affairs.
An essay may contain 3-5 paragraphs summing up an adequate and important information, you must avoid being a verbose. In the first paragraph, you must need to put your strong argument based on the topic asked for to write about, next comes the body which you need to adorn with sincere and scoring information. The weak argument should be a part of the ending paragraph. In conclusion, provide the summary of the introduction and the body content.
There are a few factors you must keep in mind while writing the essay.
- Keep the presentation dapper. Do not cut or overwrite. You don’t need to go for calligraphy but your handwriting must be legible to the examiner.
- Read newspaper carefully to remain updated regarding the events, affairs or schemes launched by the government through news in the air.
- Improve your language by revising grammar tips to avoid common errors. If you lack the knowledge of fancy vocabulary, use simple words to explain your ideas to escape from falling flat. Within a prescribed time frame, make sure to highlight all the catchy information.
The articles you read must cover a range of topics including –
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Social Discrimination
- Finance & Economy like Demonetization, RBI Rates, GST
- Politics, Schemes & Technology like new inventions ,Payment Wallets, Social Networks etc.
- Sports (Olympics, Recent Trophies)
- Environmental issues like Pollution, Overpopulation,Global Warming.
Important Topics for SSC MTS DESCRIPTIVE EXAM:
- Importance of Television
- My favourite game
- Digital India
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Poverty Issues
- Women Empowerment
- Reservation in educational institutions
- Delhi Smog
Letter writing has 2 parts-Formal Letter writing and Informal Letter Writing
Formal Letter- This type of letter writing calls for the awareness of formal vocabulary and a correct format provided below.
Sender’s address( on the left top corner of the page)
Salutation ( Sir/Madam)
Body of letter
Tips to remember-Don’t use phrasal verbs, idioms, contracted form of words like don’t, can’t etc and imperatives.
List of Expected Topics for Formal Letters:
- Complain letter regarding increasing noise pollution in your locality.
- Complain letter mentioning chaotic state of traffic near your locality.
- Complaint letter to Online Shopping Company regarding receiving damaged goods
- Letter to the City Cricket Association to demand Cricket Stadium
- Letter to Bank Manager for reissuing the ATM Card
INFORMAL LETTER WRITING
This type of letter writing is more friendly as it is to be written to friends, family members or relatives. The letter format should be like the one given below.
Sender’s address(on the left corner of page)
Salutation ( My Dear Friend/My Dear Brother)
Good Morning/Hope you will be fine
With Best Wishes
Tips to remember-You can use Idioms , Phrasal Verbs , Contracted form of words like don’t, can’t etc
List of Expected Topics for Informal Letters
- Letter to your daughter to congratulate her for her academic success
- Letter to your elder brother asking him to guide you in making a career choice.
- Letter to your cousin who tried to attempt Suicide
Best of Luck to all the aspirants out.