1. Which one of the following rivers thrice forks into two streams and reunites a few miles farther on, thus, forming the islands of Srirangappattanam, Sivasamudram and Srirangam?
2. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer
(A) Governor-General of Presidency of Fort William in Bengal (Under Regulating Act, 1773)
(B) Governor-General of India (Under Charter Act, 1833)
(C) Governor-General and Viceroy of India (Under Indian Coundls Act, 1858)
(D) Governor-General and Crown Representative (Under Government of India Act, 1935)
1. Archibald percival Wave 11, Viscount and Earl Wavell
2. James Andrew Broun-Ramsay, Earl and Marquess of Dalhousie
3. Charles Cornwallis 2nd Earl and first Marquess of Cornwallis
4. Gibert John Elliot-Murray-Kynynmond, Earl of Minto
5. Louis Mountbatten, Earl Mountbatten of Burma
[A]A-3; B-2; C-4; D-1
[B]A-1; B-2; C-3; D-4
[C]A-2; B-5; C-3; D-1
[D]A-2; B-4; C-5; D-3
3. His principle forte was social and religious reform. He relied upon legislation to do away with social ills and worked unceasingly for the eradication of child marriage, the purdah system.To encourage consideration of social problems on a national scale, he inaugurated the Indian National Social Conference, which for many years met for its annual sessions alongside the Indian National Congress.
The reference in this passage is to:
[A]Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
[B]Behramji Merwanji Malabari
[C]Mahadev Govind Ranade
4. The following advertisement.
The Marvel of the Century the Wonder of the World Living Photographic Pictures
In Life-Sized Reproductions By Messers Lumiere Brothers Cinematographie a Few Exhibitions Will Be Given At Watson’s Hotel Tonight.
Appeared in the Times of India dated 7th August:
5. Who among the following was the first European to initiate the policy of taking part in the quarrels of Indian princes with a view to acquire territories?
6. Consider the following landmarks in Indian education:
1. Hindu College, Calcutta
2. University of Calcutta
3. Adam’s Report
4. Wood’s Despatch
The correct chronological order of these landmarks is:
7. Which one of the following is an important historical novel written during the latter half of the nineteenth century?
8. Who among the following was associated with supression of thugs?
[A]General Henry Prendergast
[D]Captain Robert Pemberton
9. What is the correct chronological sequence of the following?
1. Wood’s Education Despatch
2. Macauley’s minute on education
3. The Sargent Education Report
4. Indian Education (Hunter Commission)
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
10. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Moplah revolt
B. Pabna revolt
C. Eka Movement
D. Birsa Munda revolt
[A]A-1; B-3; C-4; D-2
[B]A-2; B-3; C-4; D-1
[C]A-1; B-2; C-3; D-4
[D]A-3; B-4; C-1; D-3