Staff Selection Commission conducts the GD Constable exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to multiple posts such as Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR). SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification is released on 16th July 2021 by the Commission. Candidates can apply for this recruitment by visiting the website of SSC (ssc.nic.in) from 17th July 2021 to 31st August 2021. The total number of vacancies is 25,271 released for the SSC GD Recruitment. In order to get recruited for the post of GD constable, doing preparation for the exam is necessary. To help candidates prepare for the exam we are here providing exam pattern and syllabus in this post.
SSC GD Selection Process
The selection process of SSC GD is a four-step process. The candidates need to clear the exam step by step to get selected as SSC GD. These are the four stages:
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
SSC GD Exam pattern
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
The Computer Based exam is for 100 marks. The time of 90 minutes is given to the candidates. There will be four sections- GK, Reasoning, Mathematics, and English/Hindi.
|Parts||Name of Disciplines||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part-B||General Awareness and General Knowledge||25||25|
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): All the candidates who clear the CBE are shortlisted to take the PET/ PST. In the PET/ PST, appearing candidates are required to undergo PET (race) that is followed by a biometric/ technology-aided identification test. The scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility for any relaxation in terms of age, height, and chest measurement is done only after they qualify the PET (race) before PST conducted by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
- For Male candidates: Race 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- For Female candidates: 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
For the Race test, the candidates belonging to the Ladakh Region
- Male: Race 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- Female: 800 meters in 4 minutes
- Pregnant women are not allowed to take this test.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates shortlisted in the CBE need to appear in PET/PST stage for recording measurement of the chest, height, and weight only. They are exempted from taking the PET.
Physical Standard Test (PST): In the physical standards of the candidates are being tested on the basis of Height, Chest, and weight measurement. The criteria have been given below:
|SSC GD Physical Test|
|Physical Standard||Category||Male (in cms)||Female|
|Height||General, SC & OBC||170||157|
|Chest||General, SC & OBC||80/5||–|
|Weight||–||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards|
- Medical Test
After Qualifying for the PET/PST, all the shortlisted candidates are required to undergo the Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Along with the medical test, the document verification is done at this stage.
|Visual Acuity Unaided (NEAR VISION)||uncorrected Visual Acuity (DISTANT VISION)||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III By ISHIHARA||For a right-handed person, the Right eye is a better eye and vice versa.- Binocular vision is required.|
SSC GD Syllabus For CBT
In order to prepare for the exam in the best possible way, a candidate needs to have prior knowledge of detailed SSC GD Syllabus. The detailed syllabus for SSC GD Computer Based Exam has been given below:
Intelligence and Reasoning
SSC GD Constable: FAQ
Q. What is the mode of the SSC GD Constable examination?
Ans: The SSC conducts the exams online now.
Q.Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans. Yes, there is 1/4 of negative marking in the exam.
Q. What is the marking scheme for SSC GD Constable examination?
Ans. For each correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark and for each wrong answer, candidates will be penalized with 0.25 marks.
Q. What are the exam dates released by SSC for SSC GD Constable examination?
Ans: The exam dates will be notified soon.