Staff Selection Commission conducts the GD Constable exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to multiple posts such as Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR). Due to the coronavirus pandemic, SSC GD Constable 2020 Medical Exam has been postponed. In order to get recruited for the post of GD constable, doing preparation for the exam is necessary. To help candidates prepare for the exam we are here providing exam pattern and syllabus in this post.
SSC GD Selection Process
SSC GD Recruitment Exam comprises of four stages:
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
SSC GD Exam pattern
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
The Computer Based exam is of 100 marks. The time of 90 minutes is given to the candidates. There will be four sections- GK, Reasoning, Mathematics, and English/Hindi.
|Parts||Name of Disciplines||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part-B||General Awareness and General Knowledge||25||25|
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): All the candidates who clear the CBE are shortlisted to take the PET/ PST. In the PET/ PST, appearing candidates are required to undergo PET (race) that is followed by a biometric/ technology-aided identification test. The scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility for any relaxation in terms of age, height and chest measurement is done only after they qualify the PET (race) before PST conducted by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
- For Male candidates: Race 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- For Female candidates: 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
For Race test, the candidates belonging to the Ladakh Region
- Male: Race 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- Female: 800 metres in 4 minutes
- Pregnant women are not allowed to take this test.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates shortlisted in the CBE need to appear in PET/PST stage for recording measurement of chest, height and weight only. They are exempted from taking the PET.
Physical Standard Test (PST): In the physical standards of the candidates are being tested on the basis of Height, Chest, and weight measurement. The criteria has been given below:
|SSC GD Physical Test|
|Physical Standard||Category||Male (in cms)||Female|
|Height||General, SC & OBC||170||157|
|Chest||General, SC & OBC||80/5||–|
|Weight||–||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards|
- Medical Test
After Qualifying the PET/PST, all the shortlisted candidates are required to undergo the Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Allong with medical test the document verification is done at this stage.
|Visual Acuity Unaided (NEAR VISION)||uncorrected Visual Acuity (DISTANT VISION)||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III By ISIHARA||For a right handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa.- Binocular vision is required.|
SSC GD Syllabus For CBT
In order to prepare for the exam in the best possible way, a candidate needs to have prior knowledge of detailed SSC GD Syllabus. The detailed syllabus for SSC GD Computer Based Exam has been given below:
Intelligence and Reasoning