SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper for Tier 2:
SSC CHSL Tier-II exam for the posts under a combined higher secondary level is scheduled to be conducted on 29th September 2019. Candidates will be required to appear for the descriptive paper of 100 marks. To help the aspirants in writing the paper & score well, we are providing the tips for SSC CHSL descriptive paper along with the correct format. Check out the post below for all details regarding the SSC CHSL Tier 2 paper.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
SSC CHSL Tier-2: Tips and Strategy
SSC CHSL Tier-II is an offline Pen Paper-based exam carrying weightage of 100 marks with 1-hour duration. The choice will be there between English Language and Hindi Language. Candidates can write the paper in either English or Hindi language as per their convenience.
Having said of Descriptive Exam, let’s discuss the key points regarding this exam:
1. Avoid Exceeding Word Limit: With essay writing, candidates find themselves in a dilemma regarding how to start an essay to give it an informational and impressive touch. There is a set format that is required to score well in essay writing.
- While writing an essay avoid introducing excessive and useless information as the word limit is 250 words and it has to be precise enough. An essay comprises Introduction, Body Content and Conclusion. Allot 50-50 words to introduction and conclusion and rest to the body content.
- Use eloquent vocabulary to escape long sentences. Make each sentence pertinent enough to convey vital information. Exceeding word limits would bring no advantage but ensnare you in trouble. With 150 words limit, letter writing must cover the satiable cause behind it and laconic content.
2. Imposing Representation and In-deep knowledge of topics:
- Representation plays a vital role in leaving an effective impression on the examiner. Avoid repetition of words, circumlocution and keep the paper sheet dapper and put your information in a neat handwriting.
- To develop your critical thinking skills and vocabulary, read daily editorials from reputed newspapers. And try to practise in person. Observe Social and Environmental Issues, Science & Technology, Government issues, World Politics and Issues, Financial status related incidents, news and current affairs meticulously and note down them in pointer forms to revise and strengthen your content.
3. Practice in Exam like block designed sheets:
- Take a plane sheet of paper, draw blocks on it with 4 columns and start practising like this on a daily basis. As a beginner, you may find this procedure puzzling and may get vexed. But with daily practice, you will be familiar with the pattern and won’t be astound writing this way in the real exam. Scale down your mistakes every day. Factor in writing and don’t let the examiner tie up in knots.
Have a look at a snippet of essay given below:
Have a look at a snippet of a letter-writing given below:
- The first preference should be given to essay as it asks for time to let out creative writing skills. Then go for letter writing/precis writing.
5. Correct knowledge of formats:
- In essay, introduce your sagacity right from the beginning paragraph. Concise and informational sentences with apt grammatical usage is the key to enthuse impression. An essay may contain 3-4 paragraphs.
- In the first paragraph, you must need to put your strong argument based on the topic asked for to write about, next comes the body which demands the pivotal essence. The weak argument should be a part of the ending paragraph. In conclusion, provide the summary of the introduction and the body content.
Letter writing has 2 parts-Formal Letter writing and Informal Letter Writing
Formal Letter- This type of letter writing calls for the awareness of formal vocabulary and a correct format provided below.
Sender’s address (on the left top corner of the page)
Body of letter:
Tips to remember-Don’t use phrasal verbs, idioms, contracted form of words like don’t, can’t etc. and imperatives.
INFORMAL LETTER WRITING
This type of letter writing is more friendly as it is to be written to friends, family members or relatives. The letter format should be like the one given below.
Sender’s address (on the left corner of page)
Salutation (My Dear Friend/My Dear Brother)
Good Morning/Hope you will be fine
With Best Wishes
Tips to remember-You can use Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Contracted form of words like don’t, can’t etc.
IMPORTANT LETTER WRITING TOPICS FOR DESCRIPTIVE EXAM SSC CGL 2017:
- Complain letter on degrading conditions of roads in your locality.
- Letter to present your views on Women Empowerment.
- Letter to present your views on the Education System.
- Complain letter on irregularities in Public Distribution System (PDS).
- Letter to the editor regarding the government’s mission against Black money
- Letter to the editor regarding sound pollution in your area
- Letter to the head of your department regarding corruption practised by some of the staff, as a whistleblower
- Letter regarding sexual harassment prevention measures for children in the school premises.
At SSCADDA, we will provide daily essay and letter on important topics, you must go through them as all the prominent notes on illustrious government schemes, events and promising words are contained in them.