Table of Contents
Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.
SSC is all set to commence the Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination for the recruitment to Group C and Group D posts in various central government departments. The opportunity is at your door, it is up to you how you want to utilize it. A few days are left for the SSC CHSL exam, starting from 1st July 2019 and with this article, we are providing some last week tips that could be beneficial for students going to sit for the SSC CHSL exam.
- Make sure you are well-versed with the exam process and exam pattern. A thorough understanding of the subjects and exam shows your seriousness towards the exam. Revise the table of contents and make sure you have revised all the necessary topics that can be asked in the exam. Do not forget that there is a negative marking of of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2018-19 in three levels for various posts.
|Tier – I
|Objective Multiple Choice
|Computer Based (online)
|Tier – II
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi
|Pen and Paper mode
|Tier – III
|Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
2. Do not forget to take out the print of your admit card much before your exam date and not wait for the last moment. It is really important to be prepared well in advance than to crib at the last moment. Its always better to take precautionary measures especially when you are appearing for an important exam of your life.
3. Stay positive and keep yourself motivated. Getting nervous before the exam will only make you more restless. Stay cool, drink enough water, don’t think about what will happen and just do your best. You have worked hard through all this time and you will definitely get the desired result.
4. Attempt easier questions first and then go to the tougher ones. If you are stuck at any question then skip that and move on to the next one. Holding on to a single question for more duration will only result in the wastage of time and nothing else. Just remember, Accuracy is the key that should not be neglected.
5. Keep a track of the time. You will get 60 minutes to attempt 100 questions in which you have to attempt 25 questions each from 4 subjects: English, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. Reasoning and quantitative aptitude can be a bit challenging for many aspirants, hence you need to manage your time accordingly. Make sure you don’t waste your time on a particular question. Manage your time according to your strengths and weak areas.
6. Utilize the remaining days in practicing mock tests and analyzing your performance. Practice makes a man perfect and the saying goes well with the SSC CHSL exam. It is really important to sit for mock examination before the actual one as you can strategize accordingly based on your performance.