-The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the SVEEP Portal in the Hindi language along with two other releases in the sidelines of the Conference of Chief Electoral Officers of States by the Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi.
1. Establishment of a new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) has been approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The cost of the project for the establishment of the new AIIMS in Gorakhpur shall be Rs. 1011 crore which does not include recurring costs (wages & salaries and operation & maintenance expenses).
2. For the incorporation of Sagarmala Development Company (SDC) under the Companies Act, 2013 with an initial authorized share capital of 1 thousand crore rupees and a subscribed share capital of Rs. 90 Crore. SDC will be under the administrative control of the Ministry of Shipping. It will provide equity support to the project Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) and funding support to the residual projects under the Sagarmala Programme.
3. For the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 which has been approved by the Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. This Bill will help the Government to evolve a mechanism for their social, economic and educational empowerment and will also benefit a large number of transgender persons, mitigate the stigma, discrimination and abuse against this marginalized section and bring them into the mainstream of society. It will lead to greater inclusiveness and will make the transgender person’s productive members of the society.
4. For introducing amendments to the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) (Amendment) Bill, 2015 in Parliament. The amendments aim to strengthen the Bill in terms of the legal and administrative procedure so as to overcome the practical difficulties which may arise in the implementation of the provisions of the Bill when it becomes an Act.
5. For the signing of the Air Services Agreement between India and Mozambique as at present there is no Air Services Agreement between India and Mozambique and to promote the air connectivity between the two countries, the two sides also initiated the process of consultation in 2011 to finalize the text of Air Services Agreement.
7. Ex-post-facto approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation of the Swiss Confederation for cooperation in skill development.
9. By the CCEA is for a construction of a new dry dock within Cochin Shipyard Limited at a cost of 1 thousand 7 hundred 99 crore rupees. The objective is to augment the shipbuilding and repair capacity of the country.
BCCI conducts ‘English language and communication skills’
-The Board of Control for Cricket in India has organised a course for umpires on English language and communication skills.