- Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Minister of Railways has launched “NIVARAN portal”, an online system for redressal of service related grievance of serving and former railway employees.
- Nivaran portal is an online system that seeks to facilitate the employees to lodge their grievances and also monitor the progress.
“BC Roy National Awards” for 2008, 2009 & 2010
- President of India, Pranab Kumar Mukherjee has presented the Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy national awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- These awards were presented on the occasion of National Doctors’ Day observed on July 1 to pay honour and tribute to India’s most famous physician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
Web-based App CMRS
- The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh has launched Crop Manager for Rice-based Systems (CMRS) a web-based App for better crop and Nutrient management released for Bihar farmers in a program organised at ICAR-RCER in Patna.
- Crop Manager for Rice-based Systems (CMRS) is a web-based App which can be used with computer, mobile and tablet and aims to increase farmer’s net income and sustain the productivity for rice-based cropping systems in Bihar, India.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh has inaugurated country’s first commercial dispute resolution centre and a commercial court in the state capital.
- The commercial court is located in Naya Raipur area of the city.
- The court also consists of arbitration centre and a meditation centre.
Martyrdom anniversary of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended a commemorative event to mark the 300th Martyrdom Anniversary of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, Prime Minister Modi has released a book and souvenir on the life of Banda Bahadur.
- Indian goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu was named in Norwegian club Stabaek FC’s squad for their Europa League qualifying match against Welsh Premier League side Connah’s Quay Nomads FC, making him the first from the country to play in the continental competition.
- Sandhu, who signed for Stabaek in 2014, made headlines in May when he became the first Indian to start a first team match in a top-division league of Europe. I
World’s largest radio telescope
- China has hoisted the final piece into position on what will be the world’s largest radio telescope, which it will use to explore space and help in the hunt for extraterrestrial life.
- The Five Hundred Metre Aperture Spherical Telescope, or Fast, is the size of 30 football fields and has been cut out of a mountain in the south-western province of Guizhou.
- India hosted the world’s first Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) ‘Super Fight League’ from August 26 to October 1.
- The franchise-based league will feature eight teams – Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai, Haryana, Bangalore, Punjab, Pune and Goa.
Lewis Hamilton has won the Austrian Grand Prix after a dramatic last-lap collision with championship rival Nico Rosberg.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port has become the first port in India to implement logistics data tagging of containers.
- The logistics data bank tagging of containers is a first of its kind facility which will help importers and exporters track their goods in transit. A RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Tag) tag would be attached to each container which would be tracked through RIFD readers installed at different locations.