SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Analysis 2018-19
Are you looking for the SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Analysis 2018-19? Then you are in the right place. SSC CGL Exam, one of the most awaited exams of the year has reached its next stage i.e. Tier II. The SSC CGL Tier I result was declared on 20th August and SSC CGL Tier-II exam 2018-19 is being held from 11th September to 14th September. Candidates qualified in Tier I are going to appear in Tier-II exam which consists of 2 major papers namely Quantitative Aptitude and English Language of 200 marks each. This post will provide you with all the details regarding SSC CGL Tier-II exam analysis. Here you will get the exact review of the exam, level of difficulty, number of good attempts and exact questions asked in Tier-II exam.
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Analysis: Good Attempts
How many questions did you attempt in today’s exam? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, as per the review of many candidates, we have provided good attempts for SSC CGL Tier-II 2018-19 exam. Check out the table below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Total marks||Level of exam||Good Attempts|
|Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||Easy To Moderate||67-74|
- SSC CGL 2018 Cut Off | Comparison with Previous Years
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Study Plan | Practise High Scoring Topics In Last Days
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Analysis: English Language
The English Language section is all about your reading skills and ability to attempt 200 questions in 2 hours. The points noted from today’s English language section are:
The English Language section is all about your reading skills and ability to attempt 200 questions in 2 hours. As per many candidates, the overall level of English Language section was of easy level. Candidates with strong concepts can easily attempt a majority of questions. The points noted from today’s english language section are:
- Many questions were asked from the basic grammar rules.
- Reading comprehension is generally easy with basic questions being asked from the passage.
- Idioms & Phrases were asked from various sources
- Synonym and antonym are low scoring topics as only 5-6 questions are asked.
One word substitution
- Person who is good at classical music
- What is fear of water called
Topics Of 4 Reading Comprehension –
- Tiger Reserve,
- American Study on Exercise,
- Standup Comedian
3 cloze test – [15 questions]
Idioms & phrases
- Eye to eye
- Nip in the bud
- One in a blue moon
- Put the best foot forward
- Green fingers – good at gardening
Miss spelt Words-
|S.No||Topic||No of questions||Level of questions|
|1||Spot the error||20||Easy-Moderate|
|2||Fill In The Blanks||15-20||Easy|
|5||Spelling/detecting mis-spelt words||4-5||Easy|
|6||Idioms & Phrases||10||Easy|
|7||One word substitution||12||Easy|
|8||Improvement of sentences||20||Easy-Moderate|
|9||Active/Passive voice of verbs||20||Easy|
|10||Conversion into direct /indirect narration||22-24||Easy|
|11||Jumbled Paragraph / Sentence Rearrangement||20||Easy|
|12||4 Cloze passage||25||Easy|
|13||4 Comprehension Passage||25||Easy|
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Analysis: Quantitative Abilities
The Quantitative section in the SSC CGL Tier-II Exam consists of Arithmetic and advanced maths. As per the reviews of many aspirants, the exam was seen to be of easy to moderate Level. The topic-wise distribution of questions asked in the exam is given in the below table. Some points to be noted from today’s exam are:
- Paper was very Calculative
- more questions were asked from CI
- Pipe & Cistern-2
- Formula Based Questions asked.
- 2 DI were asked[Bar Graph & Pie Chart]
- 6 digit number was given with 2 digits missing, then find the possible value of X & Y, if 6 digit number is divisible by 72.
- 3-4 questions were asked from discount.
- In SSC CGL Tier-II Quant Questions pattern were copied from SSC CGL Tier-I
|S.No||Topic||Number of questions||Level of Exam|
|4||Time & Work, Pipe & Cistern||5||Easy|
|5||Profit & Loss, Discount||8-9||Easy|
|6||Mixture & Alligation||4-5||Easy|
|7||Time Speed Distance, Boat & Stream Trains||3-4||Easy|
|8||Interest (CI & SI)||5||Easy|
|11||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||10-12||Easy-Moderate|
The Quantitative section in the SSC CGL Tier-II Exam consists of Arithmetic and advanced maths. The topic-wise distribution of questions asked in the exam is given in the below video.