SSC has released the result of the SSC CGL Tier-I Exam and Staff Selection Commission has scheduled SSC CGL Tier 2 exam from 15th to 18th November 2020. As per the official notice, the SSC CGL Tier-III exam is to be held on 22nd November 2020. Unlike Tier-I and Tier-II, Tier-III consists of the descriptive exam. A few years back, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) used to take interviews or personality tests. But in recent years, there is a stage of checking the writing skills of the candidates. Adda247 is always here to support your preparation and this time, we have come up with the preparation strategy for SSC CGL Tier-III exam. Check latest notice below for SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam which includes important instructions.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Tier-III being descriptive is very challenging for those who do not understand the nature of the exam. This exam demands practice and knowledge as well. The exam is of 60 minutes and carries a total of 100 marks. The mode of the Tier-III exam is offline. The offline pen and paper-based exam also test a candidate’s ability to form opinions and arguments on certain topics. This could be done by essay writing or letter writing. The exam also aims to evaluate your grammar and how you convey your ideas in a precise manner.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Exam Patten
- Tier-III exam is held in offline mode.
- It carries a total of 100 marks.
- The time duration of 60 minutes (1 Hour) is fixed for this descriptive paper.
- The marks of the Tier-III exam are added in the merit list.
- You can choose to write either in English or Hindi.
- The topics that are asked in the exam include Essay writing/Precis writing/Letter writing.
- The essay writing carries 50 marks.
- The letter writing and precis writing may carry 20-30 marks each.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Preparation Tips and Strategy
The descriptive nature of the exam demands practice. Also, most of the students throughout their preparation journey do not practice for descriptive paper. The descriptive paper is dynamic and topics can come from a wide area under this. So, aspirants need to tighten up their belt as it is not going to be an easy nut to crackle. Here are some tips for you to get through the examination:
- Strategy: Plan a strategy and work on it accordingly. You can check for the previous year’s paper and essay question asked in other related examination that can help you with the focus areas.
- Time Management: During practice, you have to keep time in mind. You have to attempt 3 questions in 60 minutes in which not only you will choose a topic and strategize the same but will also have to write as per the pattern.
- Attempt: Try to attempt an essay first in the examination as it will not only fetch you more marks but also makes your mind focused.
- Presentation: SSC CGL Descriptive exam demands a proper representation of the answers. So, start your essay with an introduction and end it with the conclusion. Also, preparing to present your letter and precise writing as per the pattern that will provide you decent marks.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Important Topics
SSC CGL Tier III exam covers a wide area, so candidates need to be conscious be what and how to pick a topic. As per the trend, the essay is generally asked from the ongoing current topics. Here are some topics that must require your attention. As the topics are dynamic. You can solve the practice set as much as you can. Read newspapers and magazines to develop your critical-thinking skills. This also helps you in improving your vocabulary and writing skills. You can refer to The Hindu, The Indian Express
- Social Issues like unemployment, poverty, education, dowry system.
- Finance & Economics Issues like RBI Bimonthly Policy, GST, GDP, Demonetization
- World Politics like Brexit, North Korea sanctions, the Syrian Refugee Crisis, the South China Sea, Indo- China border tension etc.
- Environmental issues like Pollution, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Amazon rainforest fire, Australia Bushfire.
- Science and Technology like Mangalyaan, Social Networks, robotics, etc.
- Government Schemes like Jan Dhan Yojana, Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan Scheme, PM KISAN Scheme, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is SSC CGL Tier 3 compulsory for all?
Yes, SSC CGL Tier 3 is compulsory to appear for all.
Q. How many vacancies are there in SSC CGL 2019 and SSC CGL 2020?
The SSC CGL Vacancy 2020 will be notified by SSC in due course. In SSC CGL 2019 there are 8582 Vacancies.
Q. What is the max marks for SSC CGL tier 3 exam and Time limit allotted?
SSC CGL Tier 3 exam carries a total of 100 marks. The time duration of 60 minutes (1 Hour) is fixed for this descriptive paper.
Q. What kind of topics shall I Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 3 exam?
SSC CGL Tier III exam covers a wide area, so candidates need to be conscious be what and how to pick a topic. Perepare topics related to Social Issues, Finance & Economics Issues, World Politics, Environmental issues etc.