SSC CGL Tier 3:
SSC recently conducted Tier 2 2019 Exam from 15 Nov to 18 Nov 2020. Now Tier 3 which is to be held on 22 Nov 2020 is a kick at the can to ensure your chances of selection for SSC CGL 2019 Exam.
There is no hiding that SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam is of Descriptive Type where you have to put all your skills in writing an essay and a letter on certain topics. With major onset of new incidents, events and occurrences in our country, as a bright candidate you need to keep the awareness of current affairs straight in your mind.
Unlike Tier-I and Tier-II, Tier-III consists of the descriptive exam. A few years back, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) used to take interviews or personality tests. But in recent years, there is a stage of checking the writing skills of the candidates. Adda247 is always here to support your preparation and this time, we have come up with the preparation strategy for SSC CGL Tier-III exam. Check latest notice below for SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam which includes important instructions.
Tier-III being descriptive is very challenging for those who do not understand the nature of the exam. This exam demands practice and knowledge as well. The exam is of 60 minutes and carries a total of 100 marks. The mode of the Tier-III exam is offline. The offline pen and paper-based exam also test a candidate’s ability to form opinions and arguments on certain topics. This could be done by essay writing or letter writing. The exam also aims to evaluate your grammar and how you convey your ideas in a precise manner.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Exam Patten
- Tier-III exam is held in offline mode.
- It carries a total of 100 marks.
- The time duration of 60 minutes (1 Hour) is fixed for this descriptive paper.
- The marks of the Tier-III exam are added in the merit list.
- You can choose to write either in English or Hindi.
- The topics that are asked in the exam include Essay writing/Precis writing/Letter writing.
- The essay writing carries 50 marks.
- The letter writing and precis writing may carry 20-30 marks each.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Preparation Tips and Strategy
The descriptive nature of the exam demands practice. Also, most of the students throughout their preparation journey do not practice for descriptive paper. The descriptive paper is dynamic and topics can come from a wide area under this. So, aspirants need to tighten up their belt as it is not going to be an easy nut to crackle. Here are some tips for you to get through the examination:
- Strategy: Plan a strategy and work on it accordingly. You can check for the previous year’s paper and essay question asked in other related examination that can help you with the focus areas.
- Time Management: During practice, you have to keep time in mind. You have to attempt 3 questions in 60 minutes in which not only you will choose a topic and strategize the same but will also have to write as per the pattern.
- Attempt: Try to attempt an essay first in the examination as it will not only fetch you more marks but also makes your mind focused.
- Presentation: SSC CGL Descriptive exam demands a proper representation of the answers. So, start your essay with an introduction and end it with the conclusion. Also, preparing to present your letter and precise writing as per the pattern that will provide you decent marks.
SSC CGL Tier-III: Important Topics
SSC CGL Tier III exam covers a wide area, so candidates need to be conscious be what and how to pick a topic. As per the trend, the essay is generally asked from the ongoing current topics. Here are some topics that must require your attention. As the topics are dynamic. You can solve the practice set as much as you can. Read newspapers and magazines to develop your critical-thinking skills. This also helps you in improving your vocabulary and writing skills. You can refer to The Hindu, The Indian Express
Here we are providing essay topics for SSC CGL Tier 3 2019 Exam, which could be an inch-perfect
- Union Indian Budget,
- Covid-19 Pandemic and ways to deal with it,
- Pandemic and Economy,
- Women Empowerment,
- Youth and Unemployment,
- Online Games Addiction,
- Global Impacts of pollution,
- E-Vehicles Future in India, Terrorism,
- Outburst of Coronavirus,
- Women Safety,
- Pradhanmantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Rojgaar Yojana, Cyber Crime,
- Pros and Cons of Online School Education,
- Modern Farming,
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan: Challenges,
- New Education Policy 2020,
- Mob Lynching,
- How to bring Transparency in Indian Media,
- Natural Disaster,
- Agriculture Bill 2020,
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is SSC CGL Tier 3 compulsory for all?
Yes, SSC CGL Tier 3 is compulsory to appear for all.
Q. How many vacancies are there in SSC CGL 2019 and SSC CGL 2020?
The SSC CGL Vacancy 2020 will be notified by SSC in due course. In SSC CGL 2019 there are 8582 Vacancies.
Q. What is the max marks for SSC CGL tier 3 exam and Time limit allotted?
SSC CGL Tier 3 exam carries a total of 100 marks. The time duration of 60 minutes (1 Hour) is fixed for this descriptive paper.
Q. What kind of topics shall I Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 3 exam?
SSC CGL Tier III exam covers a wide area, so candidates need to be conscious be what and how to pick a topic. Perepare topics related to Social Issues, Finance & Economics Issues, World Politics, Environmental issues etc.