SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Analysis: The staff selection commission has conducted the SSC CGL Tier-2 examination. This exam consisted of English language and quantitative aptitude with 200 marks allotted to each subject. Right after the exam, the candidates must be looking for the exam analysis in order to get an overview of the exam that they gave and to analyze their own performance. In this article, we will be discussing the Exam Analysis of SSC CGL Tier-2.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam analysis
Let’s have a look at the section-wise exam analysis for SSC CGL Tier-2 in detail and the types of questions that were asked this year
SSC CGL Cut Off Comparison with Previous Years
The overall level of the English language section was easy to moderate and his candidates with strong concepts and clear basics were able to attempt a majority of these questions. let us look at the types of questions that appeared in the examination.
- The reading comprehension had basic questions that were asked from the passage and was of a generally easy level.
- Many questions were asked from the basic grammar rules.
- Questions from idioms and phrases were also asked in the examination.
- Around 5 to 6 questions based on the topics of synonym and antonym were also asked.
Questions asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam:-
Direct Indirect :-
- “Are You alone,my son?” asked a soft voice close behind me.
- ” if you don’t keep quite i shall shoot you”, he said to her in a calm voice.
- He said to his father ” Please increase my pocket money”.
- “What did you east for breakfast today?” The doctor Asked the patient
- ” I am taking my children to the zoo tomorrow” she said ” to see the baby white tiger”.
- She asked, ” Is the secretary coming to the meeting?’
One Word : –
- A study of sounds is known as
- A style in which a writer makes display of his knowledge
- Emission of light or heat from a central point.
- Proposition made as a basis for reasoning without the assumption of its truth/Facts
- A four-wheeled carriage for a baby , pushed by a person on foot
Sentence Improvement: –
The Headmaster with all his senior teachers have come to attend the meeting.
The teacher said that the building adjacent with his house needed repairs.
Air polution,together with littering,are causing many problems in our cities.
Idioms : –
- To pull ones’s socks up.
- To give chapter and verse for a thing.
- Getting into a row.
- Utopian Idea.
- Fit of the blues.
Let us look at the breakage of all the 200 questions that appeared in the examination that was collected by our experts from the students who appeared for the examination. Below is a table consisting of the breakage of all the topics and questions that appeared in the examination:
|S.No||Topic||No. Of Questions||Level of difficulty|
|1||Spot the error||20||Moderate|
|2||Fill In The Blanks||11||Easy|
|5||Spelling/detecting misspelled words||4||Easy|
|6||Idioms & Phrases||10||Easy|
|7||One word substitution||12||Easy|
|8||Improvement of sentences||22||Moderate|
|9||Active/Passive voice of verbs||20||Moderate|
|10||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration||25||Moderate|
|11||Jumbled Paragraph / Sentence Rearrangement||20||Easy-moderate|
Quantitative abilities [Moderate]
This section in this year’s exam consisted of arithmetic and advanced maths. As per the reviews of the aspirants who appeared for this examination this section was seen to be of easy to moderate level. Let’s have a look at the topic Wise distribution of questions that were asked in the table given below.
|S.No.||Topics||Number Of Questions||Level of difficulty|
|3||Time & Work , Pipe & Cistern||6||Easy-moderate|
|4||Profit & Loss , Discount||10||Easy|
|5||Ratio, Mixture & Alligation||6||Easy|
|6||Time Speed Distance , Boat & Stream Trains||4||Easy-moderate|
|7||Interest (CI & SI)||4||moderate|
|10||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||6-7||moderate|
|13||Surds & Indices , Simplification||2||easy|
Let us look at some questions that were collected by our experts from the students who appeared for the examination.
Q. If from 9 , 11,15 & 21, x is subtracted then the resultant numbers are in same proportion, then find the mean proportion of (3x-2) & (8x+1)
Q. A tank can be filled by A in 43.2 minutes and b can fill it in 108 minutes and C empties 3 liters/minute.If all three can fill it in 54 minutes then find the capacity of the tank?
Q. If 525ABC is divisible by 7 , 11 & 13 ,then Find 15A^2+B^2+C?
Q. A money is distributed among A B C in ration 3 : 4 : 5 , but by mistake it is distributed in the ratio of 1/3:1/4:1/5. Because of this a got 1188 Rs more find the total money?
Q. If a+b+c= 6 and a^3+ b^3+c^3 -3abc = 372 find ab+bc+ca=?