SSC CGL Tier 2 Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude & English
Staff Selection Commission will conduct SSC CGL Tier 2 exam from 15th to 18th November 2020. What are the preparation tricks for SSC CGL Tier 2? SSC CGL Tier 2 strategy must be adopted by the students to get a high score. Quantitative Aptitude and English language section carry 200 marks each. You must try to score minimum 150+ in both sections for a respectable post. How to score maximum marks? Check out the strategy adopted by the SSC topper to ace both the sections and get the dream job.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Strategy By SSC Topper
As it is always recalled that only practice is the utilitarian factor to win any challenge, we will add on to your preparation by providing an explicit strategy for both the English and Quantitative Aptitude Section. The earlier you will start your preparation, the better prepared you will be for the CGL tier-II exam and will avoid you being panic. There is a total of four papers in the CGL Tier-II Exam. Paper-1 (Quantitative Abilities) and Paper-2 (English Language and Comprehension) are compulsory for all candidates, but Paper-3 (Statistics), Paper-4 (General Studies Finance & Economics) are according to the post you applied for. Here we will cover up Paper 1 and Paper 2 only which is the first impede before the candidates after Tier 1 and will proceed you ahead in the race.
- Click Here To Check SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- SSC CGL Cut off | Comparison with Previous Years
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
English Language Strategy for SSC Tier 2 Exam
Let’s take a look at the question wise distribution of English section of SSC CGL Tier 2. Here are the topics and number of questions asked in previous year exam of English Language Section:
|SSC CGL Tier 2: Topic Wise Distribution Of Questions in the English Language|
|1||Spot the error||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
|2||Fill In The Blanks||5||–||5||5||5||5||11|
|5||Spelling/detecting misspelt words||3||–||3||3||3||3||4|
|6||Idioms & Phrases||10||–||10||10||10||10||10|
|7||One word substitution||12||–||12||12||14||12||12|
|8||Improvement of sentences||22||–||22||22||22||22||22|
|9||Active/Passive voice of verbs||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
|10||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration||27||–||27||27||26||27||25|
|11||Jumbled Paragraph / Sentence Rearrangement||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
(1) Most of the students find English Section as an obstacle in their competitive path. In English, there are three types of questions: Vocabulary questions, Grammar questions and Reading Comprehension.
- For grammar-related questions, you should revise all the rules regarding, uses of tenses, articles, nouns, pronouns, subject-verb agreement, usage of conjunctions and prepositional phrases.
- Practise 5 passages daily, read the questions first then read the passage. You never know the oblivion regarding even a single rule can make your way out of the competition.
- Read English newspapers daily for almost half an hour, it will not only enhance your general knowledge and vocabulary but will surely prepare you for reading comprehension part as well as this part demands a quick reading quality.
(2) Once you understand the literal and figurative meaning of the English words, it would be easier to answer correctly all the questions based on Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word substitutions, and idioms/phrases. The only trick is to have a stern revise on a daily basis. For one word substitutions, idioms and phrases, we have provided all important and previous years questions in pdf and quiz form.
(3) SSC always repeats questions in all sections including the English section of SSC CGL Tier-II. So, only solving previous years papers can make the task easy. In the last 10-20 days solve as much as Mock Tests and analyze your performance with each passing day and continue revising all the rules and vocabulary until the exam day appears.
Quantitative Aptitude Strategy For SSC Tier 2 Exam
Here are the topics and number of questions asked in previous year exam in Quantitative Aptitude Section.
|SSC CGL Tier 2: Topic Wise Distribution Of Questions in Quantitative Aptitude|
|3||Time & Work, Pipe & Cistern||6||6||6||5||6||5||4|
|4||Profit & Loss, Discount||10||11||11||10||10||9||9|
|5||Ratio, Mixture & Alligation||6||6||4||4||7||8||6|
|6||Time Speed Distance, Boat & Stream Trains||4||5||6||8||4||3||4|
|7||Interest (CI & SI)||4||4||5||4||3||4||4|
|10||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||9||7||10||9||10||9||11|
|13||Surds & Indices, Simplification||2||4||0||2||0||3||3|
Quant Section comes with different opinions by candidates. Many of you practise a lot so it comes naturally to you, and some struggle to even comprehend the basic concepts. As seen from the previous year paper, the Quant section gave a tough call to the aspirants. The open secret to come ahead of the fear in this section is only a good understanding of concepts and to apply them instantly to the question asked which is going to happen only after the revision of topics and tricks and then practicing the questions on them.
- Approx. 9-10 questions are asked from Simplification/ Number System/HCF & LCM. This topic is very important because it is the foundation for all other topics in the quant section of CGL Tier-2. Don’t commit the mistake of taking this section on a light note as the questions may be tricky sometimes.
- Geometry and Mensurationcollectively consist of 25 questions and can be called the most important section containing heavy weightage. The level of difficulty varies from easy to moderate. For Geometry, you need to remember all the important theorems, Pythagoras triplet, all the formulas of the area of a triangle, circle, rectangles, polygons, coordinate geometry etc. You have to learn Formulas like curved surface area, total surface area, and volume.
- Approx 10 questions will be asked from Algebra. So solving these topics will help in scoring good marks in less time.
- Concepts of Percentage and ratio are the base of the chapters like profit & loss and Discount. For Quick solving, you must remember all fractional value up to 30 in terms of percentage. Profit and loss and discount revolve around 4 terms and that is C.P, S.P, M.P and Discount. Understand the concept of CP, SP, MP and discount given on MP and relation between them.
- Inverse relation and direct relation between time, speed and distance will help a lot. The concept of relative velocity will help you in solving problems of train and Boat and Stream. Gun and Bullet problem, Train accident problem, Effect of increasing/decreasing speed on time, these problems are often asked in exams.
- Solve time and work questions with the help of LCM method which can reduce lots of time while solving questions. The concept of alternate work, efficiency and work and wages are important points to cover.
Analyzing mock tests are equally as important as taking mock tests. And for the rest of the time start solving previous years’ questions. Talking about the previous year, the exam can be said to be of a tough level. Candidates need to practice well enough to ace the Quant section. A bit of increased focus and a pinch of smart work will serve the purpose for sure.
If you can dream it, you can definitely achieve it. Never stop giving your best as it is true that it needs the will not skill, if you are adamant enough, no barrier can stop you. At Adda247, we wish you all the best. Learn, share and succeed with Adda247.