SSC CGL Tier 2 Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude & English
SSC CGL Tier 2 Strategy By SSC Topper
- Click Here To Check SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- SSC CGL Cut off | Comparison with Previous Years
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
English Language Strategy for SSC Tier 2 Exam
|SSC CGL Tier 2: Topic Wise Distribution Of Questions in the English Language|
|1||Spot the error||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
|2||Fill In The Blanks||5||–||5||5||5||5||11|
|5||Spelling/detecting misspelt words||3||–||3||3||3||3||4|
|6||Idioms & Phrases||10||–||10||10||10||10||10|
|7||One word substitution||12||–||12||12||14||12||12|
|8||Improvement of sentences||22||–||22||22||22||22||22|
|9||Active/Passive voice of verbs||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
|10||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration||27||–||27||27||26||27||25|
|11||Jumbled Paragraph / Sentence Rearrangement||20||–||20||20||20||20||20|
- For grammar-related questions, you should revise all the rules regarding, uses of tenses, articles, nouns, pronouns, subject-verb agreement, usage of conjunctions and prepositional phrases.
- Practise 5 passages daily, read the questions first then read the passage. You never know the oblivion regarding even a single rule can make your way out of the competition.
- Read English newspapers daily for almost half an hour, it will not only enhance your general knowledge and vocabulary but will surely prepare you for reading comprehension part as well as this part demands a quick reading quality.
Quantitative Aptitude Strategy For SSC Tier 2 Exam
|SSC CGL Tier 2: Topic Wise Distribution Of Questions in Quantitative Aptitude|
|3||Time & Work, Pipe & Cistern||6||6||6||5||6||5||4|
|4||Profit & Loss, Discount||10||11||11||10||10||9||9|
|5||Ratio, Mixture & Alligation||6||6||4||4||7||8||6|
|6||Time Speed Distance, Boat & Stream Trains||4||5||6||8||4||3||4|
|7||Interest (CI & SI)||4||4||5||4||3||4||4|
|10||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||9||7||10||9||10||9||11|
|13||Surds & Indices, Simplification||2||4||0||2||0||3||3|
- Approx. 9-10 questions are asked from Simplification/ Number System/HCF & LCM. This topic is very important because it is the foundation for all other topics in the quant section of CGL Tier-2. Don’t commit the mistake of taking this section on a light note as the questions may be tricky sometimes.
- Geometry and Mensurationcollectively consist of 25 questions and can be called the most important section containing heavy weightage. The level of difficulty varies from easy to moderate. For Geometry, you need to remember all the important theorems, Pythagoras triplet, all the formulas of the area of a triangle, circle, rectangles, polygons, coordinate geometry etc. You have to learn Formulas like curved surface area, total surface area, and volume.
- Approx 10 questions will be asked from Algebra. So solving these topics will help in scoring good marks in less time.
- Concepts of Percentage and ratio are the base of the chapters like profit & loss and Discount. For Quick solving, you must remember all fractional value up to 30 in terms of percentage. Profit and loss and discount revolve around 4 terms and that is C.P, S.P, M.P and Discount. Understand the concept of CP, SP, MP and discount given on MP and relation between them.
- Inverse relation and direct relation between time, speed and distance will help a lot. The concept of relative velocity will help you in solving problems of train and Boat and Stream. Gun and Bullet problem, Train accident problem, Effect of increasing/decreasing speed on time, these problems are often asked in exams.
- Solve time and work questions with the help of LCM method which can reduce lots of time while solving questions. The concept of alternate work, efficiency and work and wages are important points to cover.
If you can dream it, you can definitely achieve it. Never stop giving your best as it is true that it needs the will not skill, if you are adamant enough, no barrier can stop you. At Adda247, we wish you all the best. Learn, share and succeed with Adda247.