SSC CGL 2019 Skill Test: Staff Selection Commission will conduct a skill Test for the eligible candidates of SSC CGL 2019 from 15th September 2021 to 16th September 2021 across the country. The Skill Test for SSC CGL 2019 will have three modules, namely, Data Entry Speed Test (DEST), PowerPoint Presentation/Generation of Slides (MS PowerPoint), and Spread Sheet (MS Excel).
Exam Dates SSC CGL Skill Test
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation and to further complete the recruitment process soon the skill tests will be conducted on a pan-India basis. SSC will update candidates with the demo of the skill test process through their official website. Check Out the SSC CGL 2019 Skill Test Date below.
|SSC CGL 2019 Skill Test||15th September 2021 and 16th September 2021|
SSC CGL Skill Test Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test. It will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test.
- DEST: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills.
- It is conducted for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise and Income Tax).
- Qualifying in nature like CPT
- Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
- Requirement: 8000 key depression per hour, which is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
- Relaxation: VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
2. Computer Proficiency Test: SSC CPT is Qualifying in nature and the marks obtained are not added to make the final merit list. But any candidate failing to secure a minimum standard required will be out of the race for those two posts. There is no exemption for any category of PH candidates. CPT comprises Word processing, Spreadsheet and Slide Generation. SSC CPT is conducted for the following posts
- Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
- Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
- Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
SSC CGL 2019 Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
- Text passage of about 2000 key depressions will be given. The duration of this test will be 15 minutes.
- Candidates can only type the equivalent number of words given in the text passage
- A combination of alphanumeric keys followed by space will be termed as one “Word”
- After typing the given number of words in the text passage, the space bar will not
allow further typing of additional words.
- In case, candidates type additional words/wrong words, thereby exhausting the
allowed number of words before completing the text passage, then they may use
arrow keys/backspace key to correct wrongly typed words.
There are certain posts that require candidates to possess a certain physical standard. If any candidate thinks that he/she does not possess the desired height or weight or thinks that he/she might not qualify its physical tests are requested to keep those posts out of their preference list or at the bottom of the list. Physical standard verification are done after the final merit is prepared by the concerned department. If any candidate is unable to clear this stage, his/her selection will be canceled and no other post will be allotted in exchange.
SSC CGL Exams Related Links
|SSC CGL||SSC CGL Salary|
|SSC CGL Exam pattern||SSC CGL Admit Card|
|SSC CGL Cut Off||SSC CGL Result|
|SSC CGL Syllabus||SSC CGL Exam Analysis|
|SSC CGL Answer Key|