In this article, Detail will be provided for the Post/Job offered by SSC Under
- In Central Board of Excise and Customs, A Tax Assistant can have three types of postings.
- Tax Assistant is assigned mainly clerical work.The work involves dispatch and preparation of reports for the department, which can be Excise, Service Tax, and Customs.
- You can also be posted as PA (Personal Assistant) of commissioners and Joint/Additional Commissioner.
- 2400 grade pay
- According to current pay scales, You would get a salary ranging from 21,000 to 26,000/- pm initially.
- Petrol allowance is given.
- Work environment does not vary much as both the departments have the ultimate agenda to collect the revenues for the country.
- Tax Assistant in CBDT can be posted at two level either in the assessment of tax or in non-assessment.
- This involves work like the assessment of the income tax of an individual or a partnership firm or a company and feeding that data in the computer.
- It involves clerical work related to DIARY AND DISPATCH, noting, drafting etc.
- Sometimes you have to accompany the RAID team.
- In non-assessment, you are supposed to do only clerical work.
Salary and perks:
- This is a post in the pay band 5,200-20,200 with grade pay of RS 2,400.
- A SIM from the department on which all STD or LOCAL calls on any phone of BSNL or MTNL are totally free.
- On phones of other companies he can make free calls up to 400 minutes a month; whether local or STD or both types.
The hierarchy is as follows:
- Sr. TA
- Assistant commissioner
He is promoted to the post of Sr TA after 3 years of service, He can appear in this exam anytime after his joining according to the schedule declared. But this exam is just an eligibility; means he can be promoted only according to his seniority.