SSC CGL Exam Preparation Strategy and Tips: SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 29th May, 2021 to 7th June, 2021. Cracking SSC CGL Tier-I exam can be a challenge for many candidates since the level of competition for the exam is really high this year. With barely two weeks left for SSC CGL 2020-21 recruitment notification, all the appearing candidates must now really focus on topics that will help them gain the most marks.
SSC CGL Tier-I exam is an objective exam that will be conducted online. The Tier 1 exam comprises of four sections and has 100 questions (25 questions in each section) that will account for a total of 200 marks (maximum 50 marks in each section). Candidates must keep in mind that there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer. The time duration of Tier-1 exam will be 60 minutes. SSCAdda is providing the strategy that candidates can use and score higher marks that will help them in Tier 2.
Click here to get latest SSC CGL Study Plan
- Candidate must revise and practice only those topics which you have learned already. No new topic should be learned, only concepts and formulas should be revised.
- Study SSC CGL Previous years questions as much as you can.
- Do not panic and stay calm, your courage to keep going in spite of the dull moments, the power of your dreams will help you in achieving better marks.
- Candidates must at least give 1–2 mocks daily and analyze them properly by paying attention.
- Be confident and take proper sleep so that your mind doesn’t feel tired.
Let’s discuss subject wise strategy for SSC CGL exam preparation 2020. Most of the students find English Section very challenging, hence we will start by providing detailed information on the English Section.
SSC CGL English Preparation:-
Most of the students dread English Section, so we will begin with the English Section of SSC CGL Tier-1. In English, there are three types of questions, Vocabulary questions, Grammar questions and Reading Comprehension.
- For Sentence Improvements, knowledge of tenses, sentence structure is required. So, learn and memorize important structures in the English language.
- For Error Detection, Knowledge of Subject-verb agreement, pronouns, adjectives, conjunctions, determiners, and tenses is required. Revise and learn all-important rules for this section.
- For Fill in the blank type Questions, Focus on prepositions and vocabulary. Questions are asked from these two topics.
- For One Word Substitution, memorize importantly and frequently asked at least 300 words.
- For Idioms/Phrases, memorize importantly and frequently asked at least 300 words/phrases.
- For Comprehension, Practice mock tests. The trick is to read the questions first and then read the passage. This way you can save your precious time. your reading habits come in handy in this section.
- For Antonym/Synonym/Spellings, learn, memorize, and practice mock tests.
- Always maintain a personal vocab diary, note down all the important vocabulary that you encounter in your newspaper reading. This habit will benefit you a lot.
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Preparation:-
Quant Section is feared and loved at the same time by many. Many of you practice a lot so it comes naturally to you, and some struggle to even comprehend the basic concepts. So, in quant, there is no fixed ‘one size fits all’ strategy. It’s an open secret, you practice, you score great marks. there are many topics that are high scoring, such as trigonometry, geometry, algebra, mensuration, time and work, profit and loss, Time, speed, and distance. study only these topics in detail and you will surely score maximum marks in SSC CGL.
SSC CGL General Intelligence & Reasoning preparation :-
Reasoning Section is easier and always high scoring. Let’s discuss some easier question types. Questions related to images, analogy, odd-one out, direction sense, dictionary questions. You should attempt these questions first, you can attempt these questions within a few seconds. Then you should move on to the remaining questions. Practice mock tests daily, analyze your scores, see what went wrong, have good look the solutions and tricks used, learn the approach.
SSC CGL General Awareness preparation :-
For GA Section, Analyze the previous year’s papers, note down all the topics from where the questions have been asked. study only these topics studiously and make handwritten notes. These handwritten notes should be your weapon in these last moment revision. In GA section, SSC repeats 3-4 questions every time, so you should definitely study previous year’s questions to get easy marks. Refer only to selected topics and do not waste much time on this section. Focus more on Polity, economics and modern history.
If you observe the pattern in last a few years, SSC has repeated many questions and most importantly the type of questions or theme is more or less the same. Since you don’t have much time left, do not read any new topic. Whatever you have learned or practiced before, continue that only. Solve previous year’s questions. At ADDA247 and SSCADDA
, we have provided ample study material, study notes on all SSC CGL Tier-1 subjects. You can attempt all these quizzes in just 6-8 min and you can check your speed and accuracy. Remember students, the SSC CGL Exam platform is same for all, only your speed and accuracy will create the difference between the winners and losers. of course, you all want to win with flying colors. But it’s not that easy.
In the end and most importantly attempt daily two practice mock tests in time-bound manner and analyze your performance. If you are getting better day by day, then great otherwise go back to basics of the topic, learn and get back to practice and do not stop until you make it. At Adda247, we wish you Good luck. keep studying, keep learning, And Succeed.