Direction (1-10): In the following questions, some parts of the sentence have been jumbled up. You are required to re-arrange these parts which are labelled as P, Q, R & S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence accordingly.
1. India led the battle of freedom against imperialism.
P. That technique brought us success.
Q. We therefore championed the cause of other countries.
R. We fought it with a special technique.
S. We are happy that they achieved freedom.
6. But some countries are still slaves.
1. Many scientists are working on safer and better ways to kill mosquitoes.
P. Bringing more of these animals into places where mosquitoes live might help.
Q. Mosquitoes have many natural enemies like bats, birds, etc.
R. Mosquito nets can be used for protection.
S. But, there is no sure way to protect everyone from their deadly bites.
6. This is a natural solution.
1. The spider fell seven times to reach its goal but didn’t give up hope.
P. The king learnt a lesson from the spider.
Q. It tried again and this time it succeeded in reaching the top.
R. Then he attacked his enemies repeatedly.
S. He appealed to the people for help and collected soldiers to form a large army.
6. At last he won the battle and got back his kingdom.
1. A few workmen came to cut down the tree.
P. It took them all morning.
Q. They did not know what to do with the roots.
R. It was not an easy job to cut down such a huge tree.
S. They decided that the roots had to be dug out.
6. At last the tree was lying on the ground.
1. A mob went berserk at R G Kar Hospital on Friday.
P. The agitators also smashed equipment and windows of the hospital.
Q. The boy had died on the operating table soon after being administered anaesthesia.
R. This happened after the death of a 15 year old boy.
S. The victim’s relatives and neighbors clashed with the police.
6. Work at the hospital stopped for the rest of the day.
1. Children are not the only ones who can fly kites.
P. In some countries like Malaysia, there are kite festivals.
Q. These experts are mostly adult amateur kite fliers.
R. Kite flying is a good leisure activity for parents with their children.
S. Self-designed kites are flown by experts during such times.
6. Some of them play music too.
1. Jeff is a very good dancer,
P. who always tries new dance steps.
Q. while the rest of the class is struggling.
R. which are demonstrated,
S. and masters them quickly.
6. he shows off.
1. These positive effects vary from genetic changes that.
P. to other related infections,
Q. make us more resistant to the diseases responsible.
R. for epidemics and.
S. which have effects on human that are.
6. hard to pin down and quantify.
1. After an entire generation of parents and teachers.
P. the level of depression.
Q. children’s self-esteem an indicator of good mental health,
R. has worked hard to improve its.
S. in young people has skyrocketed.
6. It is how we feel about ourselves.
1. The Bermuda Triangle is an area.
P. of many unexplained disappearances,
Q. the three points of the triangle being Miami,
R. is famous for being the supposed site.
S. of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida and.
6. Bermuda and San Juan in Puerto Rico.