SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam: SSC uploaded SSC CGL Tier 3 result on 20th December 2022. The candidates who have successfully qualified for CPT and DEST are wondering about the next steps that they have to follow in order to get through the final selection in SSC CGL. It is important for the aspirants to understand the nature of Tier IV and its pattern. In the post below we are also providing the admit card for SSC CPT, DEST which is going to be held on the 4th & 5th of January 2023 except for the North Region. For north region, the SSC CGL skill test will be conducted from 14th January to 31st January 2023. It’s now time for the aspirants to pull up their socks for CPT/DEST/Document Verification which is the next and the last stage of the CGL exam. The candidates can download their SSC CGL Tier IV Admit Card from the regional links mentioned below.
SSC CGL CPT Admit Card: Download Link
Candidates who have appeared for the SSC CGL 2021-22 exam can download the admit card from the links given below. The admit card has been released region-wise on their respective websites. The CPT test will be conducted for all regions except north region on the 4th & 5th of January 2023. Check the details below.
|Region Names||SSC Zonal Websites||SSC CGL CPT Admit Card|
|MP Sub-Region||www.sscmpr.org||Download Admit Card|
|Western Region||www.sscwr.net||Download Admit Card|
|North Western Sub-Region||www.sscnwr.org||Download Admit Card|
|Central Region||www.ssc-cr.org||Download Admit Card|
|KKR Region||www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in||Download Admit Card|
|Eastern Region||www.sscer.org||Download Admit Card|
|Southern Region||www.sscsr.gov.in||Download Admit Card|
|North Region||www.sscnr.net.in||Check Application Status|
|North Eastern Region||www.sscner.org.in||Download Admit Card|
Safety Measures to be followed :
As there is an epidemic going on in our nation, there are some safety measures being taken by the exam centers. Following are the safety measures that the aspirants will come across with respect to COVID-19:
- Candidates have advised reaching the designated exam centers on time in order to prevent any type of crowding or gatherings. Candidates in this respect will have to stand on the floor marks to follow the norm of r social distancing.
- At the time of entering the exam center, temperatures will be checked.
- Bar Code Guns will be used to check valid admit cards and original ID proof by the exam staff from a safe distance.
- Aspirants will be only allied to carry the following belongings with them: Mask, Gloves, Sanitizers, admit card, and ID Proof.
- The allotted computer systems will follow proper social distancing.
What is SSC CPT: Computer Proficiency Test
SSC CPT is Qualifying in nature and the marks obtained are not added to make the final merit list. But any candidate failing to secure a minimum standard required will be out of the race for those two posts. There is no exemption for any category of PH candidates. CPT comprises Word processing, Spreadsheet, and Slide Generation. SSC CPT is conducted for the following posts
- Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
- Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
- Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
Now let us know about them in detail
- WORD PROCESSING: Candidates will be provided with a printed passage which they require to type on the computer. A candidate is expected to type 2000 characters or key depressions in 15 minutes. The course consists of no formatting like Bold, Italic, Underlining, etc. Regular practice on the computer can ensure that you make it through it easily. The paragraph typed is checked against the number of mistakes done. Accuracy is the key along with speed. Candidate should keep their accuracy level at 95%. Softwares like Typing Master will help to excel in typing skills.
- SPREADSHEETS: The candidate will be provided with a printed sheet. Candidates have to work on Microsoft Excel Software and create a spreadsheet like the one provided in the sheet in 15 minutes. Simple formulas like Multiplication, profit, percentage, etc will be asked. Candidates can go through tutorial videos available on YouTube to develop a basic understanding.
- SLIDES: Candidates will be provided a printed sheet that will have a single slide. The candidate will be required to create the same slide on Microsoft PowerPoint in 15 minute time. Candidates should be aware of basic functions like header/footer, inserting table, date and time, etc.
DEST: Data Entry Skill Test
- It is conducted for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise and Income Tax).
- Qualifying in nature like CPT
- Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
- Requirement: 8000 key depressions per hour, which is 2000 key depressions per 15 minutes.
- Relaxation: VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
Nature of Mistake
- Full Mistakes: The following errors are treated as full mistakes:
- For every omission of a word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word/figure not found in the passage.
2. Half Mistakes: The following errors are treated as half mistakes
- Spacing Errors: Where no space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ihope’, or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. hope I have, ‘I hav.
- Repetition of the letter: For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, addition or transposition or omission, or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ is typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
- Wrong Capitalisation: Wrong use of capital letters for small letters and vice-versa. (This does not apply to Hindi typewriting scripts).
NOTE: Any corrections made by pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
- Every candidate must attend document verification. Candidates failing to do so will not be considered for final selection.
- Revised options for post preference will be allowed. Any candidate who wishes to change his/her preference will be allowed to do so. In case options are not revised, then the options submitted in the application form will be accepted as final.
The following documents are required
- The admit card in original
- Valid photo-bearing ID proof
- Both original and photocopy of Class 10 & 12 certificates, mark sheet of every semester/year of graduation. If a semester/year-wise mark sheet is not available, then a consolidated mark sheet is required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate in the prescribed format.
- If seeking age relaxation, then a Central Government Employee Certificate and NOC is required.
- Discharge certificate in case of an Ex-Serviceman.
- OH/VH/VV certificate in case of physically handicapped category.
- Passport-sized photographs
After CPT/DEST/Document Verification is completed, SSC will prepare an All India Merit List for each category of post. The final merit will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 and the preference exercised by the candidates.
NOTE: There are certain posts that require candidates to possess a certain physical standard. If any candidate thinks that he/she does not possess the desired height or weight or thinks that he/she might not qualify physical tests are requested to keep those posts out of their preference list or at the bottom of the list. Physical standard verification is done after the final merit is prepared by the concerned department. If any candidate cannot clear this stage, his/her selection will be canceled and no other post will be allotted in exchange.
You are just one step away from your dream job. Don’t get complacent and attend Tier IV with utmost sincerity. We hope that the upcoming months be lucky for you and that you land a prestigious job. Best of luck.
Important Links related to SSC CGL 2022