As SSC CGL exam is coming near, many of candidates are studying very hard for this exam and want to crack this exam very seriously. Many of candidates understand this thing that QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE Section plays a pivotal role in deciding the cut-off for candidates giving this exam, especially ADVANCED MATHS PORTION.
1. Simmons purchased a refrigerator on the terms that he is
required to pay Rs. 1500 cash down payment followed by Rs. 1020 at the end of
first year, Rs. 1003 at the end of second year and Rs. 990 at the end of third
year. Interest is charged at the rate of 10% per annum compound interest. What
is the cash price of the refrigerator?
alone can complete in 20 days. If Bobin does the work only half a day daily,
then in how many days, Alex and Bobin together will complete the work?
finish a piece of work. If both Anand and Bakshi can do it in 12 days, then the
time taken by Bakshi alone to finish the work is
more than C; A and B together can do the job in the same time as C. How many
days A would take to do it ?
can drain a certain water tank in 40 minutes. The time taken by a pipe of
diameter 2d for doing the same job in
minutes respectively and a third pipe C can empty at the rate of 3 gallons per
minute. If A, B and C opened together fill the tank in 15 minutes, the capacity
(in gallons) of the tank is:
shot gun were fired at a place at an interval of 28 minutes 30 seconds. A
person approaching the firing point in his car hears the two sounds at an
interval of 27 minutes. The speed of sound is 330 m/ sec. What is the speed of
the car ?
in a race of 500 metres, Monu beats Bablu by 25 metres. By how many metres will
Sonu beat Bablu in a 400 metre race ?
direction at speeds of 40 kmph and 20 kmph respectively. The faster train
crosses a man in the second trains in 36 seconds. The length of the faster
km/h. The speed of the boat in still water is
x – y
2. (d); When Bobin works normally then days taken by Bobin to complete the work = (20 × 12)/(20 – 12) days
3. (a); Let time taken by Bakshi in completing the work = x day
4. (c); Let days taken by A to do the whole work = x days
5. (b); Time µ 1/(cross – sectional area of the pipe)
6. (c); Let the capacity of the tank be x gallons.
7. (b); Let speed of car = x km/hr.
8. (d); In the race between Sonu and Monu.
9. (a); Let x = length of the faster train ( in mtr.)
10. (a); Speed of boat in still water = (Sdown + Sup)/2