RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2020: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), Kolkata functions under the Ministry of Railways, Government of India. It is primarily responsible for recruiting the staff into railway services. RRB Kolkata recruitment occurs for Kolkata Division, HQ of Eastern Railway and South Eastern Railway. RRB is expected to conduct the exams tentatively from 15 December 2020. Let’s check out the important information and details regarding the RRB Kolkata including selection process, FAQs, etc.
|Exams||RRB NTPC, RRB Group D & others|
|RRB NTPC Vacancy||2949|
|RRC Group D Vacancy||10873|
|RRC Group D Exam Date||15 December 2020 (Tentatively)|
RRB Kolkata Recruitment Selection Process
- The selection process in RRB Kolkata is subject to rules and regulations announced by Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (Government of India) which involves the reservation of jobs for Schedule Tribes (ST), Schedule caste (SC), other backward classes (OBC), Ex Servicemens etc.
- Employment Notifications inviting applications from eligible candidates are published in local News Papers Employment News / Rojgar Samachar and on the official website of RRB Kolkata.
- The time period provided to apply for the desired notifications is not less than 30 days. The applications received in the time period prescribed are examined with reference to criteria published in the notification.
- Schedule of Written/On-line examination can be seen in Newspapers and employment news / Rojgar Samachar. Eligible candidates are also informed of their date and centre of their examination by call letters or admit cards updated on the official RRB Kolkata website.
- List of Candidates successful in the examination is also advised by post and on website.
- Candidates who clear the cut off in Written / On-line examination will be called for Aptitude test / Type Test / Documents verification / Interviews etc.
- Viva-voce test (interviews) are eliminated in most of RRB examinations.
- Final appointment of candidates is done as per merit, requirement and the final result and intimation letters are sent to successful candidates with the allotted Railways / Zone.
RRB Kolkata NTPC Selection Procedure
Check out the stages of the selection process for RRB NTPC:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 27 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RRB NTPC CBT 1 Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC stage 1 exam pattern contains 100 questions to be attempted in 90 minutes. The subject wise exam pattern is given below:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
|Total no of questions – 100||Time – 90 Minutes|
- There is Negative marking of 1/3.
- Stage 1 is of screening nature.
- The candidates 20 times the number of vacancies will be selected for stage 2.
- Normalization of marks will be done.
RRB NTPC CBT – 2 Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC stage 2 will comprise of 120 questions to be attempted in 90 minutes. The CBT 2 exam pattern is given below:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35|
|No of Questions – 120||Time – 90 Minutes|
- Separate 2nd Stage CBT will be taken for each of the 7th CPC Level i.e. Level 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 with the graded difficulty level.
- Negative marking of 1/3 is there.
- The level of questions shall be different for a different level of posts.
- Normalization of marks will be done
Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable)
CBAT and typing test will be qualifying in nature. CBAT will be conducted only for the candidates who have opted for Traffic Assistant and Station Master.
Document Verification/Medical Examination.
Based on the combined performances of all the stages, candidates will be called for the Document Verification round.
RRB Kolkata RRC Group D Selection Procedure
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|4||General Awareness On Current Affairs||20||20|
- The exam duration for PWD candidates is 120 Minutes.
- Negative marking of 1/3 is there.
- Normalization of marks will be done
The criterion for PET for Railway group D is as under:
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
RRB Kolkata Admit Card
RRB Kolkata admit card for all posts will be released on its official. All candidates must download the admit card before appearing for the exam. If you applied for any notification from RRB Kolkata region then you will be able to download the call letter from this website only. Check out the steps to download RRB Kolkata admit card:
- Click on the link of your RRB Kolkata website for the Admit card.
- Enter your credentials in the space provided such as registration no & password.
- Click on the submit button after entering the captcha.
- View your RRB Kolkata Admit card 2020.
- Click on the print button to download the admit card for the future.
- Make sure to save the admit card to avoid any future trouble.
- Shri. Anant Mohan Singh is the chairman of RRB Kolkata.
- First Metro Train in India was started in Kolkata
- India’s first Double-Decker train ran from Howrah to Dhanbad.
- The first train ran between Howrah and Hooghly on 15 August 1854
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I know about the details of the post for which RRB Kolkata Recruitment is notified?
The detailed notification displaying the name of the post, qualification, vacancy details, exam pattern etc. will be published on the official website of RRB Kolkata at rrbkolkata.gov.in
Q. How to get the application form for recruitment? Is there any laid down format that needs to be adhered to?
The application form will be available on the website for online application. Also, the format for different certificates needed such as for SC, ST, OBC etc. are can also be downloaded from this web site.
Q. What precautions should I take while filling up the application form?
Detailed Employment notification published on the website must be read thoroughly before filling up the form. Ensure that proper fee is paid through IPO or Demand Draft or online. Make sure that you have filled in all the necessary details in the application form.
Q. How do I know the schedule of the examination and the centre allotted?
The schedule of examination is published on the Website. Railway Recruitment Board will release the call letters of the candidates on their website. The call letters can be downloaded from the website.