Railway Recruitment Board conducts examination for the huge number of various vacancies in various department of Indian Railways. This is the golden opportunity for the candidates to grab and get a secure and safe government job.RRB Group D is one of that reputed recruitment published by the Railway department. This year also Railway RRB Group D Level 1 Recruitment 2021 will be held to recruit 1,03,769 vacancies for the posts of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts in other departments of Indian Railways. RRB Group D exam dates will be soon released on the official website. To work with Indian Railways is a golden opportunity to fulfill their dream of joining the prestigious Government Sector (Indian Railways) in India.
In this article, we are going to discuss the job profile for the RRB Group-D. Candidates who have applied for the RRB Group D must have a brief idea about the job profile and their responsibilities. Let us discuss the Job Profile of RRB Group-D.
RRB Group D Job Profile
Railway Group D is a basic railway job with the lowest pay. Candidates will work as track maintainers or assistants. Your work will involve the maintenance of tracks, railway coaches, departments, stores, etc. The work will depend on the post you get. If you are posted in Diesel locomotive, your work will involve taking care of the locomotives. The Job Profile of the candidates as per the RRB Group D Posts are mentioned in detail below:
1. Hospital Attendant
Responsibilities: Maintenance of hospital and taking care of patients
2. Assistant Pointsman/ Switchman
- Assist in the handling of switches and railroad points.
- Control the lever to direct the train to the required rail track.
Responsibilities: Help passengers at the railway station and to handle the loading & unloading of railway passengers and goods
- Move trains between the yards and platforms – they marshal the trains, hook on locomotives and detach defective carriages.
- They also direct and move freight trains, organize rail freight, and conduct safety checks.
Responsibilities: Maintenance and smooth functioning of Gates at railway crossings to ensure no delays of trains occur because of road traffic
6. Helpers in Electrical / Engineering / Mechanical / Signal and Telecommunication departments/Civil etc.
- Assist skilled workers such as Fitters, Mechanics, Welders, Machinists, Equipment Maintainers, etc, in their technology works.
- Helpers may also be deputed to assist in non-technical works in the offices etc.
7. Track Maintainer Grade IV (Trackman)
Responsibilities: Maintain railway Tracks and remove any unwanted materials like rocks etc. from tracks.
8. Cabin man/ Leverman
- Watch over the safe passage of trains arriving and leaving a station.
- Clearing signals for trains to pass.
- Railway fitters and electricians carry out the practical work needed to keep railway machinery and equipment running smoothly and safely.
- They carry out repairs and routine maintenance.
Responsibilities: To check sections of tracks for faults to prevent accidents.
RRB Group D Job Profile: FAQ
Q.What is the highest paid job of RRB Group D ?
Ans: The RRB Group D salary will be in Level 01 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs.18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
Q.What is the in-hand salary of RRB Group D posts on the Indian Railway?
Ans: The in-hand salary of RRB Group D posts lies in the range of Rs.22,000-25,000/- per month
|RRB Group D Exam Date||RRB Group D Syllabus|
|RRB Group D Admit Card||RRB Group D Exam Pattern|