Reliance Jio 5G: Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited introduced fifth-generation, or 5G, services in the technologically advanced southern cities of Bengaluru and Hyderabad. This comes after Jio True-5G services were beta-launched in six cities: Varanasi, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Nathdwara.
Reliance Jio 5G: Key Points
- In order to get customer feedback, Jio is phasing in the rollout of its True-5G beta services.
- Its new 5G service offers users speeds between 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps.
- Jio True- 5G, the only TRUE 5G network in India, has three advantages that allow consumers to consume large amounts of data effortlessly.
- The network features a standalone 5G architecture and a mixture of 5G spectrum in the 700 MHz, 3500 MHz, and 26 GHz bands.
- These 5G frequencies are combined using carrier aggregation to create a single, robust “data highway.”
Reliance Jio 5G: Highlights
- Similar to how Jio rolled out 5G services in other locations, a select group of subscribers in Bengaluru and Hyderabad will be welcomed to the Jio Welcome offer, giving them unlimited bandwidth at up to 1 Gbps without having to pay any extra fees.
- It’s crucial to keep in mind that customers won’t need to get a new SIM card or upgrade their current one in order to use the 5G network.
- Not everyone will be able to use 5G right away. The network provider is currently working with smartphone makers to enable 5G on compatible handsets.
- With ambitions to expand the 5G service in the upcoming months, Jio has now launched its 5G-powered WiFi services for individuals without 5G devices.