Directions (Q.1-5): In the following diagram, the circle represents College Professors, the triangle stands for Surgical Specialists, and Medical Specialists are represented by the rectangle.
1. College Professors who are also Surgical Specialists are represented by
2. Surgical Specialists who are also Medical Specialists but not Professors are represented by
3. C represents
4. B represents
5. College Professors who are also Medical Specialists are represented by
Directions (Q.6-7): Each of the following questions is based on the following alphabet-series:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
6. If the order of the English alphabet is reversed, then which letter would be exactly in the middle?
7. If the alphabet is written in the reverse order and every alternate letter starting with Y is dropped, which letter will be exactly in the middle of the remaining letters of the alphabet?
8. How many A’s are there in the following series which are immediately followed by B as well as immediately preceded by Z?
A M B Z A N A A B Z A B A Z B A P Z A B A Z A B
9. In the given series of letters, how many t’s are preceded and followed by t?
P t P t t P P t P t P PP q q P t P t t P PP t
10. How many L’s are there which do not have R preceding them and also do not have T following them?
Z Q S T L R M N Q N R T U V X R L T A S L T Q R S L T
11. If $ means +, # means –, @ means × and * means ÷, then what is the value of
16 $ 4 @ 5 # 72 * 8 ?
12. If P denotes ÷, Q denotes ×, R denotes + and S denotes –, then what is the value of
18 Q 12 P 4 R 5 S 6 ?
13.If ‘when’ means ‘×’, ‘you’ means ‘÷’, ‘come’ means ‘–’ and ‘will’ means ‘+’, then what will be the value of “8 when 12 will 16 you 2 come 10”?
14. If ‘+’ stands for ‘division’, ‘÷’ stands for ‘multiplication’, ‘×’ stands for ‘subtraction’ and ‘–’ stands for ‘addition’, which one of the following is correct?
15. If – means ÷, + means ×, ÷ means –, × means +, then which of the following equation is correct?