Directions (Q.1-5): Read the following passage to answer these questions:
Anita, Mahima, Rajan, Lata and Deepti are five cousins. Anita is twice as old as Mahima. Rajan is half the age of Mahima. Anita is half the age of Deepti and Rajan is twice the age of Lata.
1. Who is the youngest?
Let Mahima’s age = x.
Then Anita’s age = 2x,
Deepti’s age = 4x;
Lata’s age =x/4.
So, the descending order of ages is :Deepti> Anita >Mahima>Rajan>Lata.
1. Lata is the youngest
2. Who is the eldest?
3. . Which of the following pairs of persons are of the same age?
4. Anita is younger than
5. If Mahima is 16 years old, then what is the age of Lata?
∴ Lata’s age =x/4 = 4 years.
Directions (Q.6-10): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it:
(i) A, B, C,
D and E are five friends.
elder to E, but not as tall as C.
younger to A, and is taller to D and E.
taller to D, but younger than E.
elder to A but is shortest in the group.
6. Who among the following is the eldest?
So we have : C < A < E < B, A < D.
A. So we have : B,D,E < C , D < A
(d): Either B or D is the eldest.
7. Which of the following pairs of students is elder to D?
8. Which of the following statements is correct about B?
(i) B is not the tallest.
(ii) B is shorter to E.
(iii) When they are asked to stand in ascending order with respect to their heights, B is in the middle.
B and E are shorter than C. So, it cannot be concluded that B is shorter to E. Thus, (ii) is
A single definite order of heights cannot be obtained from the given information. So,
(iii) is incorrect.
9. If F, another friend, is taller than C, how many of them will be between F and E according to their height?
persons lie between F and E.
10. If a selection is to be made among them who would be relatively older and also taller, who among them should be chosen?
B is shorter than C So, It can’t be determined.