Mathematics is one of the most important that is asked in the government recruitment exams. Generally, there are questions asked related to basic concepts and formulas of trigonometry. To let you make the most of the Mathematics section, we are providing important facts related to Ratio And Proportion. Also, RRB NTPC CBT 2, CGL Tier 2, and State exams are nearby with bunches of posts for the interested candidates in which Mathematics is a major part. We have covered important notes and questions focusing on these prestigious exams. We wish you all the best of luck to come over the fear of the Mathematics section.
- Time and Work Notes: Short Tricks To Solve Questions
- Simple Interest Formula, Concept and Study Notes
Ratio And Proportion
Ratio and Proportion is an important concept while dealing with various competitive examinations. The ratio is the relation between two amounts showing how one value is dependent on another. While proportion can be defined as a part or portion of number in comparison to the whole number. This article consists of study notes on Ratio & proportion containing the ratio and proportion formula that must be applied to solve the questions. The examples with solutions have also been provided with respect to Ratio and Proportion problems.
- Ratio & Proportion
- Fourth Proportion
Example. Find the fourth proportion to the numbers 4, 10, 12.
- Third Proportion→
Find the third proportion to the numbers 4, 12.
- Mean Proportional
- If two numbers are in the ratio a : b and there sum is x, then these numbers will be
- If three numbers are in the ratio of a : b : c and there sum is x then the numbers are
- If a : b = n₁ : d₁ & b : c = n₂ : d₂
- If a : b = n₁ : d₁ , b : c = n₂ : d₂ , c : d = n₃ : d₃
- If the ratio between two numbers is a : b & x is added to both of them then the ratio becomes c : d. Then the two numbers are given by:
- If the ratio of two numbers is a : b, then the number that should be added to each numbers to make the ratio c : d is given by
- The incomes of two persons are in the ratio → a : b and their expenditures are is the ratio → c : d. It saving of each person is S, then their incomes are.
- When two ingredients A & B of quantities q₁ & q₂ with cost price/unit c₁ & c₂ respectively are mixed to get a mixture c having cost price cm/unit then.