| Updated On August 20th, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist Salary
Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist is one of the posts recruited through the RRB NTPC examination with the minimum educational qualification as graduation. You can get employed in the Indian railways by appearing for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. RRB NTPC exam is a great chance to get appointed in the non-technical categories of the railways. Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist comes under level 5 of the 7th CPC. Know about the total in-hand salary for Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist as per the 7th pay commission including its job profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Senior Clerk cum Typist Vacancy & Pay
The initial pay for Senior Clerk cum Typist is 29,200 where the total vacancies are 2854.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RRB NTPC Senior Clerk cum Typist
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway commercial apprentice Salary [CLICK HERE]
Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The total in-hand salary for Railway Senior Clerk cum Typist will be approximately Rs 41,316 including the allowances as per the 7th pay commission.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||4964/-|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||2336/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||Rs 41,316|
Job Profile of Senior Clerk cum Typist
- The maximum probability is that you will be posted in the Personnel Department, where Senior Clerk cum typist are posted under the control of Senior Divisional Personal Officer responsible for the human resource development of the cadre.
- There are many other departments such as Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal and Telecommunication where a Senior Clerk cum typist can be posted for clerical works.
- The job of a Senior Clerk cum typist is mainly indoors.
- This is one of the best jobs for people looking for a complete desk job in the Indian railways.
- Your job profile also includes assigning work to junior clerks and supervising it on a day to day basis.
- Holidays on Saturday and Sunday.
- No Shifts.
- The office hours will be usual i.e. 9 am – 6 pm on weekdays.
RRB NTPC Senior Clerk cum Typist Career growth
The job of a Senior Clerk cum Typist is considered as the most stable one in the railway department with a good career path. The hierarchy of promotions is as below:
Senior Clerk cum Typist Educational Qualifications
Senior Clerk cum Typist Age Limit
RRB NTPC Senior Clerk cum Typist Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for this post are C-2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below.
fit in all
|Distant Vision: 6/12, nil with or without glasses.
Near Vision: Sn 0.6 combined with or without
glasses where reading or close work is required.
Senior Clerk cum Typist Selection Process
The selection process for Senior Clerk cum Typist is done through the RRB NTPC examination. It will include 4 stages with 2 online CBT followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.