Railway Senior Time Keeper Salary
Railway jobs are aspired by lakhs of candidates as it offers good pay scale and perks. Indian Railway manages the fourth largest network of railroads in the world. One method to get employed in the Indian railways is by appearing for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. RRB NTPC notification was released in 2019. Its examination is yet to be conducted by the railways across all regions of RRB. Railway Senior timekeeper is one post out of the many included under RRB NTPC. Let’s take a look at the total in-hand and gross salary for Railway Senior Time Keeper as per the 7th pay commission. Know about the Railway Senior Time Keeper Salary, Job Profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Senior Time Keeper Vacancy & Pay
The initial pay for Senior Time Keeper is 29,200 where the total vacancies are 06.
RRB NTPC Senior Time Keeper
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway commercial apprentice Salary [CLICK HERE]
Railway Senior Time Keeper Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The total in-hand salary for Railway Senior timekeeper will be approximately Rs 41,316 including the allowances as per the 7th pay commission.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||4964/-|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||2336/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||Rs 41,316|
Job Profile of Senior Time Keeper
- The main Job of a Senior Time Keeper is to keep the record of time on stations.
- They assist in the movement of trains and keep a track of the time taken by trains to reach destinations or at stations.
- A Senior Time Keeper is trained for working in sync with the entire network.
- They help in the streamlined movement of trains without any external disturbance.
- Senior timekeepers work in shifts and can have night shift as well.
RRB NTPC Senior Time Keeper Career growth
Railway senior timekeeper is eligible for promotion through the Limited Departmental Competitive exam to the higher post of Senior Time Keeper Grade II. Further, they can be promoted to Senior Time Keeper Grade I.
Senior Time Keeper Educational Qualifications
Senior Time Keeper Apprentice Age Limit
RRB NTPC Senior Time Keeper Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for this post are C-2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below.
fit in all
|Distant Vision: 6/12, nil with or without glasses.
Near Vision: Sn 0.6 combined with or without
glasses where reading or close work is required.
Senior Time Keeper Selection Process
The selection process for Senior timekeeper is done through the RRB NTPC examination. It will include 4 stages with 2 online CBT followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.