Railway Protection Force (RPF) 2018:
Computer Based Test (CBT): From 19th December 2018
CBT will be conducted group-wise simultaneously for Constable and SI for all 6 groups one by one in following order
1. Group E: NF Railway
2. Group F: RPSF
3. Group A: S Railway, SW Railway and SC Railway
4. Group B: C Railway, W Railway, WC Railway and SEC Railway
5. Group C: E Railway, EC Railway, SE Railway and ECo Railway
6. Group D: N Railway, NE Railway, NW Railway and NC Railway
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Document Verification (DV)
1. Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||No. Of Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||90 min|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||35||35|
- It will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- 15 languages in the Railway Exam will be as follows:
- Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.
- Note: Exam pattern is same for Constable & Sub-Inspector.
- Exam Level for Constable post in RPF: 10th/matric level
- Exam Level for Sub-Inspector post in RPF: Graduate level
There will be 50 Questions for 50 Marks in General Awareness Section. This section covers the following chapters predominantly.
- Static Awareness
- Current Affairs
There will be 35 Questions for 35 Marks in Arithmetic Section. Following topics sum up the major syllabus.
- Number System
- Ratio and proportion,
- Simple Interest (SI) & Compound Interest (CI),
- Profit and loss
- Time and distance
General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks):
There will be 35 Questions for 35 Marks in General Intelligence & reasoning Section as well. Below mentioned chapters cover the whole nine yards syllabus for the same.
- Odd One Out
- Statement & Conclusions
- Mathematical Operations
- Blood Relation (Age calculation)
- Non-verbal Questions
- Missing Term
3. Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
For both Constable & Sub Inspector:
4. Document Verification
Candidates who do not appear for document verification will not be considered eligible for the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT.
Note: Shortlisted candidates should produce NOC from the employer on the date of his/her DV failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi.
You may also like to read:
- Railway RPF Exam Dates Official Notice
- Railway RPF Recruitment 2018: 9739 Vacancies
- Check Latest Government JOBs
- Download Free Topic-wise and Mock Test PDF