The fee payment through Post Office & Bank Challan is closed. Online fee payment mode shall also be closed at 23.59 hrs. of 30.03.2018. Candidates are advised to register and complete the fee payment process well before this time & date and submit the completed application before 23.59 hrs. of 31.03.2018. However, to avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to submit their applications before the closing time.
The important notice from the desk of Railway Minister Mr. Piyush Goyal is to alleviate the Railways Aspirants who were unable to apply for Group D posts earlier for not holding ITI or NCVT qualification as of now there is no compulsion for the said qualification. High School (10th) pass candidates are eligible now for Group D posts in Railway along with those who hold ITI or NCVT qualifications.
Railway Recruitment Board is offering a great opportunity by inviting eligible candidates for the recruitment of various posts in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix for the vacancies in various units of Indian Railways with Online Applications to be filled completely and appropriately in all respect which must be submitted ONLINE ONLY to any one of the Railway Recruitment Boards before 23.59 hrs of 31.03.2018
Start Date to Apply Online: 10th February 2018
Last Date for registration of Online Application: 31st March 2018 (23: 59 PM)
Online payment (Net Banking/ Credit card/ Debit Card): 31st March 2018 (10:00 PM)
SBI Challan : 28th March 2018 (3:00 PM)
Post Office Challan: 28th March 2018 (3:00 PM)
Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018.
Railway Vacancies 2018 :
Total No. of Posts: 62,907 Vacancies
Note: There is no vacancy for the following Railway boards:
Railway Pay Scale:
Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs.18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
After adding perks & emoluments over all salary will be Rs.23,000-25,000/-.
Career Growth: After 3 years of work experience you will get promotion by taking departmental exams to Group ‘C’
Railway Educational Qualification:
Some Important Points:
- Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated against the notified posts in the CEN from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application.
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI. Also, Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
- Medical Standard: Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for.
- Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
Railway Age Limit:
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 33 years
Age Limit as on 1st July 2018.
- OBC – by 3 years & SC/ST – by 5 years
Selection Process For Railway Recruitment 2018:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification (DV)
1. Computer Based Test (CBT)
UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -30%.
Marks will be normalized in the CBT.
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|4||General awareness on current affairs|
- It will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
|Name of RRB||Local Language Choice (in addition to Hindi, English
|Ajmer (NWR)||Gujarati, Punjabi|
|Bangalore (SWR)||Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Konkani|
|Bhubhaneswar (ECOR)||Odia, Telugu|
|Bilaspur (SECR)||Marathi, Odia|
|Chennai (SR)||Tamil, Telugu|
|Guwahati (NFR)||Assamese, Bengali, Manipur|
|Mumbai (CR)||Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada|
|Ranchi (SER)||Odia, Bengali|
|Secunderabad (SCR)||Telugu, Marathi, Kannada & Odia|
Syllabus Of CBT Exam:-
|HCF||Percentages||Mensuration||Time and Work||Time and Distance|
|Profit and Loss,Algebra||Geometry and Trigonometry||Elementary Statistics||Square root||Age Calculations|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Calendar & Clock||Ratio and Proportion||Pipes & Cistern etc|
General Intelligence and Reasoning:-
|Analogies||Alphabetical and Number Series||Coding and Decoding||Mathematical operations||Relationships|
|Syllogism||Jumbling||Venn Diagram||Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||Conclusions and Decision making|
|Similarities and Differences||Analytical Reasoning||Classification||Directions||Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.|
Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
General awareness on current affairs:-
Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight
for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one
chance without putting the weight down
|Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight
for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in
one chance without putting the weight down
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000
metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000
metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one
Note: The persons with disabilities as specified in Para 11.0 are exempted from appearing for PET. However, after qualifying in the CBT, such candidates will have to pass the medical examination prescribed for Persons with Disabilities.
3. Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates will be called for document verification.
Note: Shortlisted candidates should produce NOC from the employer on the date of his/her DV failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi.
- UR & OBC: Rs.500/-
- SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class : Rs.250/-
- Note: This fee of 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT.