1. A boy walking at a speed of 10 km/h reaches his school 12 min late. Next time at a speed of 15 km/h reaches his school 7 min late. Find the distance of his school from his house?
2. Two boats travelling at 5km/h and 10km/hr, head directly towards each other. They begin at a distance of 20 kms from each other. How far apart are they (in kms) one minute before they collide?
3. The distance between two points P and Q is 115 km. Two persons start at the same time but one travelling from P towards Q and the other travelling from Q towards P. If their respective speeds are 40 kmph and 52 kmph, where do they meet each other?
4. Ravi starts by car from Mumbai to Goa. After sometime he realise that he will cover only 75% of the distance in the scheduled time or takes 3 hour more therefore he doubles his speed immediately and thus manages to reach Goa exactly on time. Find the time after which Ravi changed his speed?
5. A runs twice as fast as B and B runs thrice as fast as C. The distance covered by C in 72 minutes, will be covered by A in:
6. When a person reduces his speed from 42 km/hr to 36 km/hr he takes 20 min more then his usual time taken. Find the usual time taken by him?
7. A train travels at the rate of 50 km/hr without stoppages and it travels at 40 km/hr with stoppages. How many minutes does the train stop on an average per hour?
8. Amit walks at a uniform speed of 4 km/hr and 4 hr after his start, Brijesh cycles after him at the uniform rate of 20 km/hr. How far from the starting point will Brijesh catch Amit?
9. If Sohali walks from his home to office at 16 km/hr he is late by 5 min. If he walks at 20 km/hr, he reaches 10 min before the office time. Find the distance of his office from his house.
10. Train A crosses a pole in 20 seconds and Train B crosses the same pole in one minute. The length of Train A is half of the length of Train B. what is the ratio of the speed of Train A to that of Train B?
Directions—(Q. 11–15) Study the following graph carefully to answer the questions that follow—
The following line graph gives distance (in km) travelled by five different trucks in a day.
11. What is the respective ratio of the distance travelled by Truck A to the distance travelled by Truck D?
12. What is the average distance travelled by all the Trucks together?
13. If Truck C covered the given distance at the average speed of 55 km/hr, what was the time taken by it to cover this distance?
14. The distance travelled by Truck A is approximately what per cent of the total distance travelled by Truck E and C together?
15. If the time taken by Truck B to cover the given distance was 8 hours, what was the average speed of the truck B?