Quantitative Quiz on PROFIT AND LOSS For SSC CGL Exam
1.A shopkeeper bought 240 chocolates at Rs. 9 per dozen. If he sold all of them at Re. 1 each, what was his profit percent?
2. How much percent more than the cost price should a shopkeeper mark his goods, so that after allowing a discount of 12.5% he should have a gain of 5% on his outlay?
3. A dishonest dealer professes to sell at cost price but uses a 900gram weight instead of 1-kilogram weight. Find the percent profit to the dealer.
4. A shopkeeper, on selling a pen for Rs. 10, losses 1/11 of what it costs him. His costs price is:
5. Pure ghee costs Rs. 100 per kg. After adulterating it with vegetable oil costing Rs. 50 per kg, a shopkeeper sells the mixture at the rate of Rs. 96 per kg, thereby making a profit of 20%. In what ratio does he mix the two?
6.Toffees are bought at the rate of 3 for a rupee. To gain 50%, they must be sold at:
7. An Article is sold at certain price. By selling it at 2/3 of that price one loses 10%. The gain percent at original price is:
8. A grocer sells rice at a profit of 10% and uses weights which are 20% less than the market weight. The total gain earned by him will be:
9. Two-third of a consignment was sold at a profit of 5% and the remainder at a loss of 2%. If the total profit was Rs. 400, the value of the consignment (in rupees) was:
10. A fruit seller has 24 kg of apples. He sells a part of these at 20% gain and the balance at a loss of 5%. If on the whole he earns a profit of 10%, the amount of apples sold at loss is:
11. A reduction of 25% in the price of eggs will enable one to buy 4 dozen more eggs for Rs. 96. What is the price per dozen?
12. A man sold an article for Rs. 75 and lost something. Had he sold it for Rs. 96, his gain would have been double the former loss. The C.P. of the article is:
13. The difference between a discount of 40% on Rs. 500 and two successive discount of 36% and 4% on the same amount is:
14. What price should a shopkeeper mark on an article, costing him Rs. 153, to gain 20% after allowing a discount of 15%?
15. If the S.P. of Rs. 24 results in a 20% discount on list price, what S.P. would result in a 30% discount on list price?