Quantitative Aptitude Quiz on MIXED for SSC CGL 2016
1. Given that 10% of A’s income = 15% of B’s income = 20% of C’s income. If sum of their income is
Rs. 7800, then B’s income is:
2. The income of a company increases 20% per annum. If its income is Rs. 2664000 in the year 1999, what was its income in the year 1997?
3.The market price of a watch is Rs. 800. A shopkeeper gives two successive discounts and sells the watch for Rs. 612. If the first discount is 10%, then the second discount is:
4. If 20% of an electricity bill is deducted, then Rs. 100 as still to be paid. How much was the original bill?
Let the original bill was Rs. x
∴ x – 20% of x = 100
5.The average of 6 observations is 12. A new seventh observation is included and the new average is decreased by 1. The seventh observation is:
6. The average weight of 3 men A, B and C is 84 Kg. Another man, D joins the group, and the average weight becomes 80 Kg. If another man, E whose weight is 3 Kg more than that of D, replaces A, then average weight of B, C, D and E becomes 79 Kg. The weight of A is:
7. The average of two numbers is 62. If 2 is added to the smaller number, the ratio between the numbers becomes 1 : 2. The smaller number is:
8. With an average speed of 40 Km/h, a train reaches its destination on time. If it goes with an average speed of 35 Km/h, it reaches late by 15 minutes. The total journey is:
9. In a competitive examination, the average marks obtained was 45. It was later discovered that there was some error in computerization and the marks of 90 candidates had to be changed from 80 to 50, and the average came down to 40 marks. The total number of candidates appeared in the examination is:
10. There were 35 students in a hostel. If the number of students increases by 7, the expenses of the mess increase by Rs. 42 per day while the average expenditure per head diminishes by Re 1. Find the actual expenditure of the mess.
11. In a class of 52 students the number of boys is two less than the number of girls. Average weight of the boys is 42 kg, while the average weight of all the 52 students is 40 kg. Approximately what is the average weight of the girls?
12. There are three baskets of fruits. The 1st basket has twice the number of fruits in the 2nd basket. The 3rd basket has three-fourths of the fruits in the first. The average of the fruits in all the baskets is 30. What is the number of fruits in the first basket?
13. Sachin Tendulkar has a certain average for 11 innings. In the 12th innings he scores 120 runs and there by increases his average by 5 runs. His new average is:
14. The average of 11 results is 50. If the average of the first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. The sixth result is:
15. Out of nine persons, 8 persons spent Rs. 30 each of their meals. The ninth one spent Rs. 20 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. The total money spent by all of them was: